5

5

       Slowly, the boy opened his eyes. He found himself no longer the warrior known as Kryst, but back being the boy by the name of Nicholas Emewalts. The first thing he saw after waking up was Charlotte’s face. She was no longer covered in crystal, indicating that Kryst had successfully rescued her from being eternally imprisoned in her ruined Heart Maze. The girl was smiling warmly like the warm beams from the Sun. Along with her, he also found himself back inside the train, still heading towards Parliament. The boy tried to move but he found himself lying on Charlotte’s lap. “Welcome back, Nic,” she said.

       Smiling, Nicholas slowly closed his eyes once more. ‘I hate to repeat myself but she’s really cute. I think I saw this scene in a television program before. Something about an indebted butler protecting his mistress. I never knew this could happen to me. Sleeping on the lap of such a cute girl…Wait a minute…’ he thought. After a moment of awkward silence, he immediately stood up with his face red from shyness. “Charlotte Mana…”

       “How many times do I have to tell you to call me Charl?” the girl asked before he could finished his line.

       “Whatever. What do you think you’re doing?”

       “Well, you were asleep on my lap when I woke up. You must be exhausted after fighting those Gemis and Crystles. Not to mention you went into my Heart Maze and saved me from turning into a Crystle. What’s wrong?” After a moment of thinking, she also stood up with her face blushing red. “It’s not what you think it is.”

       “Then what is it then?”

       “Like I said, you were asleep on my lap when I woke up…unless the fearless hero is actually shy towards girls,” Charlotte said with a smirk.

       “No way!” Nicholas protested, his face still glowing red.

       “I knew it. Your weakness is me,” she said with a laugh followed afterwards. Moments later, Nicholas joined in the laughter.

       Meanwhile at the Parliament Train Station, the man looked as if he was waiting for the arrival of a train when a woman approached him. “Is this wise, Senator? He is one of THEM, after all,” she asked.

       “HALF of one of them, Pamela. But as Gauche said, he is the only one who could use the KryGear. Better trust a half-breed than nothing, right?”

       “What you said may be true, Senator, but the Crystles referred him as ‘The Fated One’ who will lead them to their conquest against humanity.”

       “THAT MAY BE TRUE, Pamela. HOWEVER, you don’t know his origin and there’s a reason why he never reveal it to anyone. I suspect he could achieve more than anyone else. WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL IT BE? But we may know his TRUE FATE in his upcoming mission. Let us wait a little longer for him SO WE COULD ANNOUNCE THAT TO HIM AND CELEBRATE HIS BEGINNING. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

       “I’ve a question, Nic,” said Charlotte.