21. I Will Learn to Listen

21. I Will Learn to Listen: Charlotte's Pov

*cover made by me

*lots of time-lapsing in this chapter

*this chapter is a little shorter

QOTC- who watched the Gravity Falls season finale?

Finally letting my tears fall, I whisper, "I already am."

'He listened this time.' I tell my wolf, expecting her to forgive Xander for the way he's been acting recently.

'Walk away.' she tells me instead. 'It took mate an entire week to notice, he didn't even notice that our scent changed. We told him three times and he's just figuring it out.'

"You're pregnant." Xander states. His eyes drift down to my torso and then back up to meet my eyes. "When did you find out?"

"Last week." I answer, crossing my arms. My wolf is angry at him, I am too, but I'm more hurt than angry. The first time I told him that I was pregnant was bad enough, the two times after that just deepened the wound.

I was a nervous wreck when I told him the first time. I was afraid that he wouldn't want the baby and that he would be that I became pregnant. "Why didn't you tell me until today?" Xander asks in an annoyed tone. I try to stop my tears from falling, but it only makes my vision cloudy. I told him three times that I'm pregnant and each time, he didn't even acknowledge the words that came out of my mouth. And after figuring out why I was ignoring him, he's annoyed at me.

"I-I told you and hour after I f-found out." I tell him, taking a few steps backwards to put some distance between us. "And a few days after that... And then l-last night too."

"What?" Xander's angry expression turns into shock, confusion, and then back to angry. He runs a hand through his hair and let's out a frustrated groan. When I see him lift his arm, I flinch and instinctively tense to brace myself for a hit. No matter how comfortable I am with people, I'll always be afraid when they get mad. It's just in my nature.

'He won't hit us.' my wolf reminds me. 'No matter what, he won't physically hurt us.'

I don't miss how she said that Xander won't physically hurt us, she didn't say the same for emotional pain. "I didn't listen." Xander mutters more to himself than to me. "That's why you haven't been sleeping in the room."

I take deep breaths to calm myself down as I watch him out all of the pieces together. "I'm such a bad mate." I feel tempted to give him a hug and apologize for ignoring him, but I refuse to be that kind of mate.

I am no longer under the control of Alpha Jones, I don't have to apologize for things that aren't my fault anymore. I won't be the girl who lets her mate do whatever he wants. Standing still, I watch as Xander reaches out to hold me, but then he retracts his hand. "I'm sorry." he mutters, his expression turning back into an angry one. He gives me one last look then shifts into his wolf-form and runs outside.

I feel less comfortable and less safe without him in the house, but I know that I'm not in any danger. Xander wouldn't leave our unborn child and I unprotected, I know that he'll still stay close by. 'Mate should've listened to us the first time.' my wolf growls. 'He should've paid attention. We told him three times and our scent already changed, he should've noticed.'

Sadly enough, I agree with her. Xander should've noticed that I'm pregnant, but he didn't. 'Give mate the silent-treatment. It'll drive him crazy, don't let him touch us either. We have to make him suffer for a bit.'