six

"where the hell are you going?" jack asks me almost instantly as i step out of my room.

i finish putting on my last earring, "it's valentine's day. i have a date with adrian." i tell him.

"like hell you do." he replies, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"what are you talking-"

"i'm taking you out."

"excuse me?" i inquire, bewildered and stunned.

"you never catch things the first time it's said, huh? and you are not going out, especially not in that." he tells me.

"thank you, jack, but i'm almost twenty. i can fend for myself." i give him a snarky smile, which makes him just glare.

"cancel your date. we're going out." he orders, picking up a hoodie from the couch.

"you're ridiculous." i laugh. "why would you want to be seen with an ugly whore?" i narrow my eyes at him.

his eyes lock with mine and his facial expression softens, "you know i didn't mean that."

"it sure as hell seemed like you did." i cross my arms over my chest.

his eyes divert to my breasts immediately. i take notice instantly and remove my arms, setting them just at my sides.

"i'm going on my date with adrian. i don't need you to interfere with your fatherly demands." i snap.

he sighs, "why are you so stubborn?"

"i'm not stubborn. you're just impossible." i shrug.

there's a knock on the door and i put a smile on my face before opening it. adrian stands before me in a suit and tie, along with many valentine's gifts.

"you look amazing." he compliments, drinking me in.

my smile grows bigger, "thank you. so do you."

he hands me the gifts and i thank him once again, putting them on the counter. jack observes us carefully, narrowing his eyes and clenching his jaw.

"i would tell you two to have fun, but i don't lie." he flashes us a closed mouth smile.

adrian thins his lips, nodding toward jack in acknowledgement. i lock my arms in him before waving jack off.

"i'm sorry about that." i apologize to adrian.

"your roommate doesn't like me very much."

"no," i sigh. "he does not and i have no idea why."

i frown, but am cheered up suddenly because i'm reminded that i am going on an amazing date with an amazing guy on valentine's day. adrian opens the passenger door of his audi for me and i sit down inside.

my phone rings and i briefly close my eyes, trying to control my anger. it better not be jack. adrian looks over to me as he drives and i look back over to him, almost like i'm asking him permission to answer my own phone.

i slip it out of my purse and take a peek. mentally groaning when i see what's lit across my screen. i hate that man.

"what, mark?" i seethe.