Chapter-38 *Girls Night Out*✔

*Jessica's P.O.V*

Absentmindey, I entered in the house and looked around to find Nina sitting on the couch with her head down. Lily was busy making coffee in the kitchen and Jelline was talking to someone over the phone. She hung up the phone and went towards Nina. They didn't notice me yet.

"Who are you?" Someone shouted behind me.

I nearly jumped as I didn't expect anyone behind me. I turned and noticed a boy around 12-years-old with golden hair and a milky white complexion.

"Christian, stop scaring my friends," Lily yelled at him, coming towards us.

"Jessica, he is my brother, and Christian, she is my new friend." She introduced us with a sweet smile on her face.

“Hey,” I greeted him and smiled.

He stared at me for few seconds then smiled. “Hello, nice to meet you.”

I nodded, “same here.”

“You have foreign accent.” Christian commented, tilting his head.

"Because she is from different country, India." Lily answered. I pressed my lips into a thin line and gave him a small smile.

Perks of living in a foreign country!

"Oh, great!” He smiled back and extended his hand. I quickly shook it. "Tom," he called out. I saw another boy around his age coming from the living room.

"Yeah?" He stopped in his tracks and looked around, noticing us. "Hey Jelline." He gave her a toothed smile.

"Hey," Jelline replied in a dull tone and rolled her eyes.

What's wrong with this girl?

"Christian didn't tell me that you would be here." He looked at her, slightly blushing.

What?

"As if I knew." She scoffed.

"Never mind. It's pleasure to see you here. We can hang out for a while." He grinned.

"Please, I don't want to hang out with kids. I have my own circle." She scrunched her nose and turned to Lily. "Are we going to sit here for the whole night?" She sounded pissed.

I was watching the whole scene with a confused expression on my face, but didn't raise any questions. It wasn't a wise idea considering Nina's situation and Jelline's weird mood swings. The kid was just being sweet. I didn't understand why she behaved like that?

"Um, not really. I was just preparing coffee and nachos. You take Nina to the basement and I'm coming in five with stuff," Lily replied and quickly moved to the kitchen.

Jelline sighed and took Nina towards the back door, which I guess lead to the basement. I noticed disappointment wash over Tom's face. Suddenly, both kids looked at each other, then walked back into the living room, leaving me alone.

I went towards the kitchen, which smelled full of baked goods.  I looked around smiling, and noticed how clean it was. I started helping Lily, who was chopping the vegetables. She washed the knife and put it in the automatic drawer.

"Tom has a crush on Jelline," Lily suddenly whispered,  which made me jump.

"What? But he is a too young for her and-"

"I know." She chuckled and added, "But love is blind, right?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, Of course. Kids these days."

"Anyways, Jelline is annoyed because he is getting on her nerves now. I'm afraid that next time we won't be able to keep her from killing him." She laughed.