Part 12: Coffee

The sun was streaming warm and bright in through the curtains hanging in the windows of Luke's bedroom, almost becoming so annoying it made you blink a few times before you cracked one eye open, the sun bright in your face. A sigh escaped your lips and you turned around to see Luke already smiling down at you, his cheek pressed into his pillow and his eyes half squeezed caused by the sun as well.

"Morning princess." He mumbled with a dark raspy voice, and he cleared his throat to make the morning voice disappear. He ran a hand through his mad hair and grabbed his phone on his nightstand, seeing what the time was.

"Have we been sleeping for long?" You leaned your chin on his shoulder and took a look at his phone, and he moved the screen towards you to show you the time. "11am. It's alright. I usually sleep to around this in the weekends so it's pretty much normal for my state." He sat up in the bed with still having an arm around your shoulder and he looked over at the windows with a small smile.

"Did you sleep well?" You nodded your head by his question and sat up in the bed as well, the two of you touching by the shoulders and Luke wrapped his hand around yours, intertwining your fingers.

"Yeah, I actually did. You're a great cuddler." Luke smiled by your respond and placed a soft kiss to your forehead before he sighed happily and looked over at the mirror in front of you that showed your reflection in the bed.

"I could get used to this." He mumbled and leaned his head on top of yours, still keeping his eyes on the mirror. You smiled by his words and placed the duvet up to your chin, his fingers still caressing up against your spine in almost a habit now. Not that you minded. "Me too."

He chuckled by your words and moved the duvet away from him, and a small whine came from you in reaction. "I actually have an appointment later tonight with the academy so I should probably head to shower now. If you want to watch TV you can just turn it on and if you're hungry there's bread and food in the kitchen." He winked towards you before he grabbed some clothes from his drawer and stopped in track to admire you.

"What are you staring at?" You asked with a shy smile and moved around so you were resting on your side.

"Something very beautiful." He responded with a warm soft smile and it became brighter by the giggle that escaped your lips in reaction. "I'll see you in twenty minutes." He turned around to head out of the door and you heard him shut the bathroom door and less than five seconds later the sound of water running appeared.

At first, you debated with yourself whether or not to watch TV. But just as soon as you grabbed the remote your stomach started to rumble. It wasn't loud but enough for you to know that you craved for some sort of breakfast. But to be honest, you weren't really the person to sneak into people's kitchen and find food yourself. It was the same with meeting up with friends at their houses, you always had to call Matty to make him open the door for you instead of doing it yourself. You both felt awkward and rude by just walking into people's houses.

Of course your stomach overpowered your mind and you slipped out of the covers to tiptoe quietly down the stairs and into the cold tiles of Luke's kitchen. The sun was much brighter from this part of the apartment, coming straight in from the horizon far away from the football field, and without the curtains to prevent it from streaming in, the whole kitchen was lit up.

Your fingers caressed over the cold marble on the counter and you took a glance down at yourself. Luke's shirt was still hanging loosely down against your skin and you still hadn't bothered to wear shorts. At first you started to roam through the drawers to find some sort of coffee beans but your mission seemed to not success.

"What are you looking for?"

A jolt ran through your body and you stood up straight from leaning down to one of the low drawers and when you turned around you noticed a dark haired boy almost looking as confused as you were. Your eyes glanced down at yourself again and a deep shade of red blushed on your cheeks by the nudeness you were showing towards a stranger. Luke clearly didn't mention that his roommate was home.