Chapter Three

Unedited.

          "Mine!" The man had said. That's when the world continued on and time clashed together. An uproar in the mess hall distracted a confused Lym. She consider the men before her, her pack. Yes they were wild, but they had accepted her as their Alpha, now a new one came in and is forcing her to share her throne. A throne that she worked so hard for. The blood and sweat, her passion, everything she had left to give, she put it into claiming that throne as her own. And she'd be damned if he'd take it from her.

     "Never." The first word Lym had spoken in a few days or so, was wasted on this man.

     Olympe Thames Tryker don't be rude to him, at least not in front of all these people, you have to play it safe.

     Lym watched the man as his possessive face soon looked crestfallen, puppy dog eyes watery. Hmmm, this man is crying over one word was amusing. Over the chaos Lym watched him lean over to a guard and whisper something. Guards swarmed down the stairs and straight for her.

     Must protect us.

    Looking at nothing but them, Lym was patiently waiting as they ran towards her. Time went in slow motion as the first one came towards her, her eyes carefully watched him as her claws unsheathed and buried themselves in his throat, blood bubbled up around her claws and dribbled out of his mouth. She felt a presence behind her, a tickling sensation, quick as a deer, she spun around. With a roundhouse kick, she sent another guard flying while tearing out another's throat with her teeth. Soon she became a whirlwind of destruction.

     The need to survive was overwhelming. But the bloodbath was short lived. The sound of guns being loaded and fired had the slow motion kicking back up into normal time. Sharp stings ran up her back and legs. Drowsiness overcame her body, Lym looked wearily at the mass of deaths that she caused. Twenty or so men laid at her feet. It was all she saw before the ground rushed up to her.

      1857
     The Carpathian Mountains loomed above us as we approach its base. My red hair blew around my face, jade eyes danced across the massive terrain before her. A low yelp was sounded out behind me, cause me to laugh. I turned towards medium sized wolf.

     "Oh, Eddie, what has you troubled?" I laugh at the brown wolf's pestered expression. He slowly walks toward me, stops before me and tugged on my skirts.

     "Alright. Alright." I shimmy out of my clothes and let my wolf take over.

     1742
     '"Oi, what's a little lass like ya self doin' in these parts?"  A gasp escapes my throat, I turn to glare at the man.

      " Jaiden, you gave me a fright!" The man chuckles at me, his silky black hair that matches my own, blows around from wind off of the Thames. "But I'm looking for you, of course, dear cousin." I laugh at his annoyed expression.

     '"Let's get you home, Nellie." Jaiden grabbed her upper arm and pulled her after him, out of the docks.

     1634
     The scorching heat rolled off of the sun and onto my skin, making me sweat more than I had ever before. Taking refuge under an Acacia tree, I close my eyes, dreading having to get back into the ship, werewolves were made to keep their paws on the ground, not the water.

     Stopping on the way to Australia, on the coast of Africa, some of the men sought out food, while the femmes were told to stay on the ship. But me being myself, couldn't do that.

     "Noala! What the hell are you doing? Alpha will kill us if he knows you are off of the ship." My elder brother, Tomme, scolded me. Gently tugging my arm, he leads me back to the ship.

§

Jolting awake, Lym's eyes stayed shut, her nose trying to detect any causable danger. Her hands twitched slightly when none was immediately found, feeling the silk beneath her. All at once, Lym felt the soft, plushness beneath her, cracking an eye open she saw she was in a fairly large room.

Its light gray walls were accented with white trims, the floors a mixture between light hardwood and a large thin gray rug was under a similar, smaller dark rug. Three doors were arranged in the room, Lym assumed a bathroom, closet, and exit door. She slowly sat up, trying to ignore the nauseous feeling bubbling in her stomach. She found she was sitting upon a large California King bed, the mass of sheets and comforter were in a disarray from her restless sleep.

Sliding out of the bed, Lym shakily stood on her feet, holding on to the side of the bed. As much as she tried, she couldn't ignore the panic that fluttered in her empty stomach, she had no idea where she was and was had been taken hence again.

Rage. That's all she felt, she was taken by an anonymous person, one that she had a pretty good idea of who it was. Her mate. Her self proclaimed mate. One that she'll never accept, not as long as she still has an ounce of fight left in her.

Slowly making her way towards the doors, she checked every one of them until she hit jackpot.

Bingo, baby.

Walking out of the room as quietly as her erratic body allowed her, she followed her instincts and took a left. Soon enough she found a flight of stairs, the slight aroma of the wood and rain lingered around it. Placing her hand on the railing, Lym descended the stairwell quiet as a mouse.

Her ears twitched at the sound of a faint conversation was being carried on somewhere in this house—mansion. Though she was quickly distracted by the large French doors before her, that revealed a beautiful gift. The forest.

The late night moon shone brightly above her, dousing the view before here in a silver sheen. Thick, dense redwoods sat in front of her, inviting her into their humble abode, lush silvery grass gave her a nice, soft pathway towards them. The outline of a moss covered cobblestone was the true path towards the ancient wood, though, the sight before had her writhing inside, her body yearning for a shift.

Just as she was about to turn the golden knob, Lym felt a presence behind her. The hair on her neck stood up as a hard chest hovered over her back, the sparks causing an electric aura around the two. The warm breath of her mate blew gently on the back of her neck, sending shivers of warmth to her core. Lym resisted letting out a groan of contentment.

"Just where do you think you're going, little one?"