six

Ashton's POV

Luke and I arrived at the bar, it was fairly busy but Luke didn't seem fazed by the fact as he pushed his way through the crowd to the bar, his hand tightly gripping mine.

Once we got to the bar, Luke made us sit at two available seats before ordering our drinks and then turning to me. "Sorry for being in such a rush, I like to have a few drinks sitting down before getting up to dance, it's a weird thing of mine." Luke explained his rush to get the bar and I just nodded, not feeling overly comfortable in the environment.

"It's nice either way." I said and Luke smiled at me before taking a sip of his drink.

"I'm glad you are getting to enjoy yourself a little bit." Luke then said, "You deserve it."

Smiling over at the blonde, I leaned in to kiss his cheek and say, "Thank you." Luke was blushing but held a smile, he was about to talk to me but he was rudely interrupted by someone grabbing his arm and twisting him around.

Mark.

"Mark, what are you doing here?" Luke asked, sounding scared to say the least.

"I didn't trust you and so I followed you here, seems I had every right not to trust you." Mark's face darkened and Luke tried to pull him arm away from Mark's grip.

"We can talk about this later ok? Not in here." Luke tried but Mark shook his head before dragging Luke off of the stool.

"No, we're talking about this now, outside. And don't you follow." Mark said and turned his attention to me before tugging Luke through the crowd of people and I lost sight of them quickly. Despite Mark's words, I was quick to get up from my seat and attempt to follow the pair outside because it was evident Luke was in some sort of trouble with his abusive boyfriend right now.

Eventually getting outside, I saw Mark had Luke pinned up against the wall and he was talking in quite a low voice.

"You're such a little slut, how long have you two been a thing huh?"

"We're not, I promise." Luke practically whimpered back.

"I don't believe you."

"Please get off me, we can talk about this later ok?" Luke tried once again but Mark just leaned in to start kissing Luke's face, he just squeezed his eyes shut and look visible uncomfortable at the contact.

"I know how you can make me forgive you and I want to do that now." Mark smirked at Luke before kissing his neck, I was about the step in but Luke seemed to have an idea about defending himself as he roughly shoved Mark back.

"Leave me alone, we're done and I don't want to see you again." Luke's action and his words seemed enough to set Mark off because the next thing I knew, his hand was making contact with Luke's cheek and he was falling fall due to the force at which he'd been hit with.

"Hey!" I cut in and went up to Mark to roughly shove him, much like Luke had done. "Don't fucking touch him."

"Oh, little slut's boyfriend has come out to defend him, how sweet but so very stupid." Mark smirked and tried to punch me before I dodged out of the way before swinging a punch a him instead.

Catching his cheek, Mark stumbled sideways and it gave me time to grab him and push him up against the nearest wall. Not particularly wanting Luke to see this, I stood in a way that his view would be blocked as I pulled the knife from my pocket and placed it up to Mark's neck.

Living down an alleyway with the wrong sorts of people, you need things to defend yourself and they always say old habits die hard so I was going to be carrying a knife around with me until the point where I felt I didn't have to anymore, today wasn't going to be that day and I was glad I brought it. Mark may finally get the message and leave Luke alone.

"You stay the fuck away from him, do you understand me?" I spat and Mark looked terrified, which I gained some satisfaction from.

"Yes, just please don't hurt me."

"Aren't you pathetic." I spat and decided to terrify him more, "Now give me your wallet and phone, might as well keep up with my stealing trend eh? It's for a good cause an all, teaching you not to put your hands on Luke or anyone for that matter."

Mark reached down to grab his wallet and phone before I spoke again, "If you mention this to anyone I'll be back for you and don't think I won't."

Grabbing his stuff, I let go of him and he quickly scurried away, I pocketed the knife before turning back to Luke.

"You stole his stuff?"

"I'm trying to teach him a lesson, he won't be messing with you again." I said to Luke and without warning, he threw himself at me and pressed our lips together.

Not that I was going to complain.

(Word Count: 868)

---------

Almost finished with this, don't like this book but at least now I know I suck at short stories. I had to try though.

Anyway, please let me know what you think, thanks xx

Ket9IKp"8��jw