Chapter 1: Sleeping with the enemy Pt.2

-Did you hear?

-Who would do this?

-Pst, who do you think? Only she could do something so awful.

That's all I could hear next day at school as I made my way through the hallways. I could feel all eyes on me but for the very first time in my life I didn't know what I had done. Those were full of hate, disappointment and disgust eyes on me. I reached the corner of the hallway and was met with a huge painting all over the lockers that read "Cassie worthless BITCH". This was her part of the building so there was no way she could have not seen it. Crap, I know she's the class snitch and always got everyone in trouble but who'd be so mean to write those hurtful words on her locker?

-Anston you suck!

I turned around and saw a few freshman shouting stuff at me being encouraged for one of Cassie's friends (yes she does has some of those). I kept walking trying to find my group but when I did I wished I'd never found them.

-Jessica how could you?, Jazz asked me with hurtful eyes. Probably they never thought me capable of something like this, and that was because I so wasn't.

-Wow, wow, wow. I didn't write that stuff, I pointed at myself with an astonished look but nobody wanted to believe me.

-Jess I know you haven't been yourself lately, and pranks were fun but Cassie's crying her eyes out in the bathroom. That was just... mean!, Valerie frowned at me now.

-I told you I didn't do it!, I said getting extremely angry and frustrated.

-Whatever. We have classes, let's go, Jason said with an irritated tone of voice I had never heard of him, not even when we used to fight.

I was left alone with an empty feeling of rejection and... hate? I knew who had done this, it was the only possibility. But how to prove it? I had nothing on her and it'd look twice as bad if I tried to accused her. I was just hoping my friends would eventually come back to their senses and believe me.

I was surprised I hadn't seen Jace all morning long. She ditched a couple classes but I knew she was around. That painting was fresh, she had done it early that morning. Then why wasn't she coming to classes? Probably didn't want to face VIII century opera with Paul. I knew I didn't want to do that, but on the plus side he had graded our first papers of the year and what was best: he hadn't read mine before I handed it, so he'd be amazed with my work. Told you I wanted to make him proud this year!

Something went South while Paul was taking a final look to the papers pile right next to him. I was the only one paying attention to him, and I saw his look go from curious to pure anger. I saw him clenching his hands in fists and doing his best to control himself. Dear lord, what had he read that made him this upset? Well I would have asked him, but I didn't have time before he rose on his feet and called for silence. A dead kind of silence.

-I'll be brief. I want the responsible of writing these stuff down on these papers, he said with a low scary voice that made everyone in the room stop breathing.

-We umm...we don't know anything about that Mr. Davis, Carton peeped quietly when Paul's dark orbs posed on him. He had a killer look that had my friend instantly cowering.

-One of you do, and nobody is going anywhere until the responsible comes to the front of the class and admit what they did.

-But Mr. Davis...

-I said quiet or it's detention for all of you. Nobody talks, nobody moves until the person responsible for this atrocity shows up. I honestly thought you were better than this, but I guess I was wrong. I'm very disappointed in you.