Chapter 56

*HEY GUYS! I'M SO, SO, SO SORRY FOR THE EXTREMELY LONG DELAY. I'VE HAD TO DEAL WITH A LOT OF OTHER THINGS THAT TOOK TIME AWAY FROM MY WRITING. I'M NOT GOING TO BOTHER WITH QUESTIONS SO JUST GO AHEAD AND GET INTO THE CHAPTER. (I kinda feel like this one is not as good as I wanted it, but I hope you all enjoy it either way).*

HAPPY READING!

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 56

Jeff's POV

I was sitting in the living room, busying myself with the Rubik's cube that Ben has given me. So far I've managed to get three sides full! At least until I mess them up again. It's weird how a damn cube can make me want to rip my brains out yet keep me motivated to solve it at the same time. It's a friggin' multicolored cube, I'm not gonna let it get the best of me! This thing is going to be my end.

"F me in the ass," I growled in frustration as I had messed up another fully completed side.

"Someone getting frisky?," someone said behind me. I turned around and saw Clockwork. "N-No, it's just the cube," I stammered in protest.

"Gotcha," she taunted me. I mentally face-palmed myself.

"Have you seen Ellie?," she asked me.

As I turned my gaze back to the hell-born puzzle, I said, "Last I saw, she was outside with Toby."

Clockwork groaned and muttered, "She shouldn't be outside while she's in recovery. Toby knows that."

"Maybe she just wants to get out," I remarked. "There's not much here to do, especially since she's been roaming to other places and seeing other things."

Clockwork sighed. I look up at her for a moment and say, "She likes books. Big ones, too. You couldn't pry those things from her even if you tried."

She crossed her arms and stared off at the far wall. "Ellie never got to read much," she said, "she spent most of the first year here recovering. Then after that, she trained. Then after that, we set her off." Clockwork was in thought for a few seconds, before huffing and stating, "I'll make sure Toby gets her more books when he goes into town again." The brunette then continued to walk towards the front door, hollering Ellie's name as soon as she opened it.

Ellie came in as soon as she was called and had snow flaking her hair. Clockwork brushed the white specs away as she said, "Have you eaten anything yet?"

"No."

"You need to eat," the brunette stated firmly. "I'll make you something." After that, she left for the kitchen.

Ellie looked at me and asked, "Having fun?"

I shifted my gaze from her to the Rubik's cube, then back. "If you call the ever-present desire to destroy the world fun, then yes."

She managed a chuckle and started taking off her jacket. "I don't understand why you're still trying to solve that thing, if it annoys you so much--." She froze. I stared at her in question. Ellie scrunched up her nose and kept fidgeting in place. Her jacket was almost off but she wouldn't move her right arm. "Oh no," she grumbled.

"What?," I murmured.

She sighed and dropped her other arm to her side while her mechanical one hung in the air. "My arm locked up."