Chapter 19

Hey Loves, as agreed, here's chapter 19- Rick's time with Layla part 2

Sorry it took so long and for all the misunderstandings. >.<

Hope you enjoy this next chapter, and don't forget to vote and comment!! ^_^

 The youtube link to the song I mentioned is on the right side (If you're using comps to read) :)

It's one of my all time favourite songs, coz the lyrics are beautiful and the music as well, so full, so....gah.. just so beautiful.. :3

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This time, she didn't hesitate and slipped her hand into his. "Don't say I didn't warn you, I have two left feet."

Chuckling softly, he ignored her warning and pulled her closer to his side. One of his arm wrapped around her waist while the other held her other hand. She shyly placed her other hand on his broad shoulders. He was very muscled underneath, and she couldn't help but think, cooking and painting must be a good workout for him.

They slowly swayed to the music first before Rick suddenly grabbed her around the waist and lifted her up, so that she was standing on his feet. Gasping from surprise and being pushed flushed against his body, she squirmed trying to escape his hold.

"I'm heavy Rick, your feet are gonna hurt like crazy!" She muttered embarrassed when he wouldn't let her step down.

"Nonsense. You're light enough that I can do this," He grabbed her waist again and spun her around in a circle, making her squeal in surprise, before setting her back down on his feet. "Much less do this. I could dance with you like this all day." He whispered into her ear, his one hand tangled in her brown curls and the other in the small of her back, pushing her body close to his. He started to move, waltzing with her with such grace and ease, she couldn't believe he was really carrying her weight as well.

She remained stiff for awhile, feeling bad for Rick, but after awhile, she slowly relaxed and enjoyed the feeling of being in Rick's arms.

When Edwin McCain's 'I'll be' started playing on the radio, she even started singing along.

"You have a beautiful voice." Rick commented, and Layla blushed slightly at the compliment.

"I like singing, it takes my mind off things."

"I see. Have you heard Damon sing yet?"

She nodded. "He's very talented. I'm nothing compared to him."

"He is talented." Rick said, pride seeping into his voice. " but so are you. Maybe you two can record a duet sometime in the future." He smiled.

"I'd love to! That is.. If he wants me to." She added unsurely.

"Of course he'd want you to. You two will blend beautifully."

Layla only just then noticed that she had been dancing with Rick for a while now, and they had just finished waltzing around the fountain.

"I'm dancing!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"That you are, love. You only just noticed?" Rick teased.

Ducking her head sheepishly, she shrugged. "You made me forget."

"I'm glad I did."

"Um..Rick, could I ask you something?"

"What is it Love?"

"Where did you get this radio? It looks really old." She asked curiously.

Rick stopped dancing for a moment, before sighing and setting her down on her own feet. "It was my dad's" he said softly, his tone tinged with sadness.

She was burning with curiosity, but was too afraid to ask.