[25] new messages!

"oh my god, hoseok, look!"

i smiled, turning my phone's screen to him. the laughing of the dog echoed from the device as he watched closely from his side of the computer screen. he smiled, and i retreated deeper into my comforters, careful not to drop my laptop in the process.

"that's the cutest thing." i commented to myself as i double-tapped the video. hoseok, also on his phone snorted.

"it sounds just like you, too."

"true though," i nodded.

"but seriously, i don't get why that barista was questioning my membership card. she kept accusing me of having a fake gold card and i was like, ' well, why the fuck would i make a fake damn gold card, maria? it would cost more time and effort to make one that looks half as real, so why wouldn't i just buy one?" he ranted, earning a laugh from me as i agreed.

"mhm."

"and if i go to that starbucks every other day, but it's not scanning today, shouldn't that say something?" his brows came together sarcastically, "i suppose i just made the fake last night to get "free rewards", maria?"

"maybe maria's just stupid then." i chuckled. i press the pause button on the lower right hand of the computer screen, though i'm not quite sure why.

"then she had the nerve to--" hoseok stopped suddenly. i can still hear the voice, but can't see his face as he asks, "why'd you put me on pause?"

i chuckled, "because i don't wanna see your ugly face anymore."

"but i was in the middle of a rant hoe listen to me."

"so?" i rolled my eyes, opening instagram on my phone, "i can hear you just fine. i don't need my eyes to listen."

"don't be fucking rude. take me off pause."

"nah." i spoke coolly, scrolling down my timeline.

feigning offense, hoseok asked, "what could you be doing that's so important that you have to put me on hold?"

"just some important shit," i fibbed. my finger stopped at taehyung's most recent post.

in the picture he posed against a brick wall, seemingly off guard. in a nike cap and joggers with running sneakers, his outfit was basic, but looked good on him nonetheless. it already had fifty seven likes, and three comments from an extremely thirsty set of girls from school. even some of his male friends commented under the photo to tell him he looked good.

they weren't wrong.

my thumb hovered over his username for a moment, hesitant to tap on it. if i started creeping now, i wouldn't stop.

fuck it.

seconds later, i was redirected to his page. i hadn't ever really been on his profile before, except to follow him, and never paid attention to his 2438 followers or 28 posts. my lip caught between my teeth as i scrolled down each individual post. i had to say, his aesthetic was pretty lit.

"oh," i hummed, "that's good stuff."

suddenly i stopped at a photo that was thirty two weeks old. in this one, he sat in the sand under a blazing summer sun and blue sky trying to block out the sun from his eyes as the cameraman captured the photo. his normal boxy smile was on full display and his eyes, squinted.

he had fittingly captioned it "i turn gold on sunny days",

which was true. his olive skin tone had darkened to a glistening brown only shades lighter than his eyes. there was a printed snapback atop his sheen brown hair, and his shirt wasn't in sight.

nice.

he's so stupid though. he's blocking out the sun. while wearing a hat.

now, if only there were some device he could use,,,, to block out the sun. hmmmm,, i sure do wonder.

"shit, i almost liked it." i gasped to myself.

hoseok began to giggle, and i unpaused the video call to find his face buried in his pillow as he vibrated with laughter.

"again?" he tried to catch his breath, "i'm weak! you're such a creep!"

i narrowed my eyes, feeling a blush rising up my neck.

"listen, sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear takes really good selfies and --hot damn how he so cute."

"seungcheol gave you his insta?"

"no," i muttered.

hoseok cocked a knowing brow.

"so then whom?"

i rolled my eyes.

"ahh, i knew it." hoseok clapped, "i knew it, i knew!"

"don't tell him." i begged, slouching into the bed even more. my hands flew to my face out of humiliation, but they couldn't block out the taunting laughs of my friend as he humored my situation.

and i didn't even have to look at the screen to know there was a smile on his face as he spoke again.

"areum, i wouldn't dream of it."

021-819-4426:

CREATE NEW CONTACT
ADD TO EXISTING CONTACT

TAE|
TAEDDY|
TAEDDY BE|
TAEDDY BEAR 🐻💖|