Picture Day (Avengers Tumblr Drabble)

"Alright, kids

"Alright, kids. It's picture day," Nick announced, though each Avenger was barely listening. "These are for your new ID's, so this is serious." He paused, turning to look at point towards Tony, "that means you, Stark."

"What ya looking at me for? I haven't even done anything!"

"You have the most potential to mess this up, let's just be honest, okay?"

Bruce was sitting quietly at the end of the table when his hand slowly raised, almost hesitantly as he looked at the table.

"Banner?"

"So do we want my picture as me, or as...the other guy?"

"As you," Nick replied, barely above the chorus of "the other guy!" yelled out by the team.

"Oh, come on, Fury! Can't you see it?" Clint barked with loud laughter, "ok Hulk, give me serious," he said as he mimicked the photographer, snapping his fingers as if shooting film. "Now give me restrainted anger! Now pensive introspection!"

The doctor's face began to redden with embarrassment, but he was quick to retaliate. "Wow, Barton, I never realized that you knew words with so many syllables. I figured you'd just go with 'point and shoot'."

"Cap, you're gonna need to shave that off," Fury said as he pointed across his own jaw to hint at Steve's newly grown beard. "We need your usual look, clean shaven."

"Well that's just too bad. I like it, and it stays," Steve insisted, leaning back in his chair and folding his arms across his chest. "If Romanoff can change her hair color every week, I can have my beard."

"It's still red," Natasha huffed, "it's just...brighter."

Tony shuffled over to Steve and leaned in closely to whisper in his ear, but he pulled away with a shocked look on his face. "I'm not asking her that!"

"Chickenshit," Tony mumbled, turning to Nat. "So, which red matches the carpet?"

A collective groan filled the room, but Natasha barely flinched before she replied, "the red that matches the color of your blood all over the floor."

Thor swiveled in his chair, looking at the floor beneath his feet for a moment before turning to Steve with a look of confusion.

"We have no carpet in this room. To which carpet is he referring?"