chapter 14

(Y/n) pov

I was walking with Misa and Masuda was carrying the bags Misa bought. While just had a bag or two with books and some clothes that fit my style. We were heading to the spa where Misa wanted to go and relax. While at the same time, Masuda could have a break and relax from carrying the bags. Misa and I got a message, facial, and currently getting our nails done.

"So (Y/n), you and Ryuuzaki what made you like him?" She said as she got a pedicure.

"I guessed it started when I first admired his work the way he got his work completed. He is what inspired me to become a detective like my mother. When he came to check on me I found something important about who my father could be. He was someone who was there for me when I needed it." You said as you smiled at the image of him smiling.

"Wow, I would have never seen him as someone like that," Misa said.

"Me neither." You look to the other side and saw Masuda getting a pedicure as well.

"Let me guess you felt a bit lonely didn't you Masuda," I said as he laughed in embarrassment to be caught. (A/N Just to be clear some men do get a pedicure. And they are not gay at all.)

"Just promise me you guys won't tell Light. The last thing I need is an older brother having to keep us away from each other."

"No problem trust us we'll make sure you and Ryuuzaki have a happy love life," Misa said as Masuda agreed that is until he got shocked by what he learned.

"You like Ryuuzaki (Y/n)?" After explaining everything to Masuda and telling him to keep quiet he promised or else he'll get a makeover with them next time.

L pov

Light and I were with everyone when we heard some giggling and saw Masuda with a lot of bags and Misa and (Y/n) all refreshed.

"Light!" Misa went to hug him.

"Hey, Ryuuzaki so how was your day with Light." (Y/n) asked as she had some blush on her cheeks.

"Oh, the usual looking at screens all day. How was your day with Amane."

"Tiring I don't know where she keeps that energy." She said as she took the strawberry from my cake and ate it.

"She kept you on your toes."

"You have no idea."

"(Y/n) we should have another girl's day again it was so much fun," Misa said as she hugged her.

"Yeah just not next week alright, I need to study and my teachers sent all my work by email. So I'm way behind already and I want to turn it in before it's due in two weeks."

"Fine but maybe we can go to the cafe and talk and then go to the mall and shop." Misa began to list everything they were going to do next time.

"Sound like so much fun maybe Light would like to come and Ryuuzaki too." She said sarcastically which I admit it's cute sometimes but not this time.

"Yeah, that's a great idea!" She said all happy.

"I was kidding about that," she admitted to her, seeing that it backfired on her.

"I know silly. Anyway Masuda can you take my bags to my room please it be such a great help." She said as Masuda help her with the bags.

"Oh, here Ryuuzaki this is for you and here Light this is for you." (Y/n) said as she brought out a small bag of cookies for me and Light.

"Thanks, but you shouldn't have (Y/n)."

"Don't worry it's a thank you present for everything you guys have done. Well see you guys later I'm going to my room Misa managed to get me to 'shop till you drop'." (Y/n) said as she was about to leave my side.

"Hey, Light want to sleep with me tonight," Misa said as she peeked at the door.

"What are you talking about?" He asked confused.

"Just kidding your saving that after you catch Kira I can wait a bit longer so you don't have to be shy." She said left the door to go to her room.

"Yeah, Light there's no need to be shy." (Y/n) said with a grin.

"I'm not." He protested.

"No need to be serious either," I said to him and he looked at us and just gave up.

Ryuk pov

The shinigami world is so boring and my little girl still refuses to see me as her father. Maybe Rem can help out she understands girls better. And maybe I can eat a few apples along the way.

Rem pov

I was watching Higuchi leave after killing some more people I saw Ryuk landing.

"Rem, can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"Well, why are teenage girls complicated to forgive someone?" Ryuk asked as he grabbed an apple.

"Because it means the trust they had in you is broken. Once it's broken it's hard to get it back with that person." I told him as seem more sad.

"Guess I'm the worst father in this world and ours."

"Give her time she'll come around."

"Fine. Don't tell this guy anything about (Y/n). If he finds out he'll try to get her." Ryuk said as he left.

'Pray that she forgives you because the love of a daughter is harder than anything in the world.'

(Y/n) pov

I was on my bed looking at the box that has my death note in it. I wanted to get rid of it but it's something that is part of me. A knock on the door made me snap out of thought and I hid it in a drawer.

"Ryuuzaki what are you doing here? And where is Light?" You asked as Ryuuzaki was at your door.

"He's with Misa and I wanted to see you alone. You seem a bit lost in thought lately is everything alright?"

"Yeah just lost in thought wondering that old man is at."

"I'm right here (Y/n)." My dad said as I looked in the mirror.

'Great'

"Anyway, Ryuuzaki you don't have to worry alright I've just been thinking a lot that I even forget where I'm at."

"Why are you calling Ryuuzaki I told you that you can call me by my real name."

"I've just gotten used to calling you Ryuuzaki. Anyway, remember when I told you that night when we kissed? About me not knowing anybody of shinigami powers." He nodded seeing that he can't hear or see my dad.

"The truth is I have shinigami powers."