Shitty Apartments

"Are you sure you're good now?" Frank asked for the third time, concern in his voice.

"Yes, Frankie," Gerard sighed dramatically, giggling at him. "The aches are gone and my emotions are balanced again... I forgot what it felt like to just be neutral--for so long it only went between anger, euphoria, and misery..."

"Okay, good," Frank said with a smile, relieved that this ordeal was over. He didn't want Gerard to leave, but he was glad the redhead no longer had to suffer.

"Um, could you drive me back to the club?" Gerard asked, chewing his lip as he looked for his jacket. "You drove me here, but I guess I could catch a ride or something..."

"Of course I'll drive you," Frank replied, chuckling softly. "And you don't have to worry about returning my clothes, you can just keep them."

"Thanks," Gerard said with a smile, Frank returning it happily.

"D'you want breakfast before we go?" the tattooed man asked as he turned the key in the ignition, Gerard shaking his head.

"I'm okay," he mumbled, fiddling with his hands in his lap.

"Are you sure? Not even coffee or anything?" Frank offered, Gerard biting his lip in consideration before shaking his head.

"You've done enough for me, Frankie..." he said softly, his hair falling into his face when he looked back up at him. "And I'm not hungry, anyways."

"You really should eat, Gee," Frank said concernedly, putting the car in reverse and easily backing out of the parking space.

"I don't want anything," Gerard muttered, just wanting to end the conversation.

"Gee..." Frank sighed, looking over at him as he approached a red light.

"Quit pestering me, okay? I don't want to eat," Gerard said firmly, looking back down at his lap.

"Gee..." Frank said softly, pulling over the car. "Tell me what's wrong..."

"There isn't--nothing's wrong," Gerard sighed, avoiding his gaze. "I'm not that hungry, and I don't want anything."

"Why won't you eat?" Frank asked, mild frustration in his tone.

"I just don't fucking want to," Gerard grumbled, still not meeting his eyes.

Something clicked in Frank's brain, an unpleasant realization coming to him. "Gee, are you worried about your weight or something?" he asked softly, Gerard tensing up beside him.

"Why? Do you think I should be?" Gerard said defensively, wrapping his arms around his middle.

"No, of course not. Fuck, Gee, I can easily see your ribs," Frank sighed, tapping his fingers against the steering wheel.

"For now... I can't gain anything, Frankie. No one wants an overweight stripper," Gerard replied, his voice quiet and sad.

"You need to eat, Gee. You're not going to get fat or something if you eat like you're supposed to," Frank replied softly, turning towards him and brushing the hair away from his face.

"Frankie, I can't-" Gerard started, cutting himself off. He sighed, meeting Frank's tender gaze with his own. "Fine, we'll go get coffee..."

"Thank you," Frank replied softly, a relieved smile on his face as he turned back to the road. A small smile graced Gerard's delicate features, Frank's concern for him warming his heart.

------

"Thanks for the ride," Gerard said as he stood next to Frank's car, not wanting to have to say goodbye. "And for the coffee." He lifted the plastic cup to his lips, the steaming liquid sending warmth all through him.