Out For Blood

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

The lights were dim inside the simulation chamber, making it fairly difficult for Marlena to make out her surroundings. She didn't necessarily want to be doing this at the moment—she would rather be training—but Rumlow said that a skills assessment was necessary for her to "take her her place in the world." She didn't understand why a skills assessment was so important to Rumlow, especially after he had spent the last few months assessing her skills himself, but apparently the assessment was so his boss could see just how much her abilities had improved since she arrived at the facility.

Marlena had become Rumlow's most prized possession over the course of the few months she had been at the facility. Her dedication and her passion for the fight had become two of Rumlow's most cherished of her personality traits, and he couldn't help but be more than thankful that his boss had put him in charge of her. She had improved greatly since her arrival, so much that Rumlow feared she would be able to take him on in battle, and he was among Hydra's most gifted agents. He knew the likelihood of such a situation coming to pass, though, was very slim, so he didn't exactly find himself too caught up in worrying about it. He was far more caught up in worshiping his assassin to pay attention to anything else.

That would soon prove to be his first mistake, though.

As Marlena stood on the platform in the simulation chamber, waiting for whatever it was to make a move towards her, her mind drifted towards the plan of escape she had spent the better part of three months concocting.

Marlena knew that she needed to stick to the plan in order to make sure everything worked out the way it was supposed to, but it was becoming harder and harder to do so. Her patience regarding the situation with Hydra was now at an all-time low, much lower than it had been the day Rumlow took that retched picture of her to send to Bucky. She was growing closer and closer to snapping, so close that there were days when she simply wanted to bash Rumlow's head into the training room center and take off. There was only so much Hydra that a person could take, and Marlena was beginning to figure out just how true that statement was. She was sure that her combatant abilities and her weaponry abilities would provide her with the upper hand against majority of the Hydra agents that littered the facility, but she couldn't act on it just yet, no matter how desperately she wanted to.

All Marlena wanted was to get the hell away from Hydra and get back to her family and Bucky. She wanted to prove to them that she wasn't dead but that she was okay and that everything in their lives from that point on would be right again. She wanted to take away the pain she was sure they had been feeling for the past few months, and if that meant inflicting pain on every single agent in the building she wouldn't hesitate to do so. It was what she had planned on doing in the first place, but thinking about the pain they had caused her and her family only made her more sure of what she was going to do.