CHAPTER 24

Mary's POV

I rang his doorbell and I waited till he opened the door shirtless. I admired his toned abs for a second and shit I think I'm gonna pass out.

"Hey Mary." He said giving me one of his breathtaking smiles.

I coughed trying not to smile like an idiot 'cause that's what I always do when he looks at me. "Hey Grayson. I came to take my violin. I forgot it here yesterday."

"Yeah I saw it somewhere. Come in." I walked inside and he looked behind me before closing the door. "Isn't Sam with you?"

"No she didn't feel well this morning so I'll leave soon...is Ethan here?"

"No..please stay with me...Ethan is not here. He went out for shopping."

"Why should I stay here with you?"

"Because I want you to." He replied right away not taking his eyes off of mine.

I want to stay with you too Grayson. You have no idea how much I love being next to you.

I know I told him I want us to remain friends but I do like him. When our hands first touched the day Sam introduced me to him, when he looked me in the eyes saying his name, not gonna lie, my heart started beating so fast, my knees suddenly became weak and I could barely get a word out of my mouth.

I knew this was going end badly because my best friend is his girlfriend and I didn't want to ruin my relationship with her, so I stayed with Ethan, but that night at the party nothing stopped me.

I wanted him and he wanted me and I know we still do.

"Why don't you play me something with your violin?" He added sitting on the couch.

I half smiled. "Sure..Iguess." I said and my phone started buzzing.

Ethan: Sorry about today. We can't meet.😔I have many stuff to do and i'll meet with some friends. Are you home with Sam?

Mary: its okay and nope i'm at your apartment to take my violin and then i'll go meet an old friend.

I lied. I want to stay here with Grayson and since Sam will stay home today, this is my chance to be alone with him.  Ethan mustn't find out about me and Grayson. I don't want him to tell Sam. I'm such a terrible best friend.

Ethan: okay then, great. Can you ask grayson what are his plans for today?

Mary: he said he'll stay home.

Ethan: kk see ya tomorrow❤️

Grayson's POV

I opened the violin case and took it out.

"Be careful with my violin! It's my baby,okay?" She said grabbing it carefuly from my hands.

I laughed. "Sorry. You're the pro here."

"It's okay..I'm just being overprotective sometimes. Now sit back 'cause I'll do you the honor to listen to me playing." She giggled picking up the violin by its neck with her left hand. She brought the butt of the instrument up to her neck. She rested the lower back of the violin on her collar bone and held it in place with her jaw. She placed her hand under the top part of the neck and the the bow on the srings. A beautiful sound filled my ears when she started playing.

I admired every move she made, every detail on her. I was intrigued by the way she's playing. Her eyes closed and her body moving back and forth. She must really love what she's doing. It's like she's giving a piece of her soul to it.