Chapter 23

"So are you excited for the trip?" Julian was over to help me pack for the Hawaii trip. However he was just laying on my bed, looking at the ceiling.

"I don't even know." I breathed, looking through my pajamas.

"Why not?" He turned on his side, and I sat on the floor folding my stuff to fit in my suitcase. I didn't really want to tell him about Clyde and such. To be honest I wasn't even sure how to feel about him.

"I don't know." I sighed. A white lie, but all my lies recently were just habitual. He came off the bed and sat right beside me, helping me put stuff away.

"Hey." I had gotten so focused on what I was doing I didn't even realized he said that until he turned me towards him. He gave me a concerned look before placing his lips on mine. His tongue grazed my bottom lip and I tried to move back, but he grabbed the back of my head pulling me towards him.

Putting his thumb on my chin, he forced his tongue in my mouth, and I kind of mumbled trying to pry him off of me. I placed my hand on his chest and pushed back, and with much difficulty moved away. "What the hell?" I asked wiping my mouth.

His eyebrows scrunched together and he looked slightly peeved. "What's your problem?" He didn't raise his voice, but I could see the anger creeping into his features.

And without thinking at all about what I was doing I said, "I think we should stop being together." My eyes opened wide, when I looked at him. I couldn't believe I said that but in reality, I knew that was what I wanted for a while.

"Where the f#ck is this coming from all of a sudden?" The hurt and anger in his voice stunned me still. I didn't know what to say. "Oh I know," He huffed sarcastically, "It's Clyde right?"

"What?" That unfroze me. "This has nothing to do with him. I've just been thinking recently, and I only think of you as a friend."

He stood up and half paced. He looked ready to break something. "I f#cking knew it." He said, I believe more to himself than me.

"I'm sorry." My heartbeat was quickening and I was getting sincerely scared. "Do you hate me?" My eyes were welling up, and I wasn't sue why exactly.

He stopped pacing and turned to me, a sad emotion crossed his face and the tears just started spilling out. He sighed, "I don't hate you." He unclenched his fists that I hadn't realized were clenched. "Deep down I knew." He looked at the floor, as I wiped at my tears.

"Knew what?" I sniffled, not daring to stand up. My legs would probably betray me.

"I knew when Clyde left fighting." There was his name again. My ears rang when he said his name. Clyde. Clyde what? What did Clyde have to do with this? Why was he even bringing up Clyde?

He went to my door before opening it. I turned and looked at him, wiping at more tears. He looked at me and brought a hand through his hair. So much sadness was evident on his features I couldn't almost believe I was looking at Julian. "Bye, Alex." He sounded so foreign, so distant. What happened to mi amor?

I looked at the pile of clothes I still needed to pack. And there in the center of it was that sketchbook I bought. I picked it up and threw it across my room, hearing it smack against the wall. The tears came in full now. Why is Clyde repeatedly getting thrown into everything?!

I got up and stomped over to the sketchbook, placing it nicely in my suitcase before plopping down onto my bed. I would have to get up extra early to finish packing. But I just didn't know I wouldn't sleep in the slightest.

Unlike the multiple times, I wasn't able to cry myself to sleep. The tears kept coming in an endless wave. It was only 6 in the afternoon, but my sobbing kept me up throughout. I felt like my heart was ripped out, I could hardly breathe and the crying was giving me a headache.

It hurt so much. It felt like a close friend died. And it was almost true.

Because deep down I knew, when Julian said goodbye, I would never see him again.

Author's Note: This hurts. I really liked Julian. :( I feel like I should upload another chapter today. Who knows. Vote and Comment? ;D