Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Skylar POV

It's been a few hours since everything went down, and an hour since I saw the boys. I've been sitting by Derek's bed, praying that he will wake up soon, that he will be okay. The doctor said that as far as the scan showed, that there's no internal damage. There are traces of broken bones that still need the right treatment but his organs are alright. He has tons of tiny cuts and bruises but they would heal very quickly.

Several nurses have been trying to talk to e, asking me what happened to him. He is very underweight, and his eyes have problems with adjusting to the light hence he went in shock when he was flooded with light. His eyes couldn't handle it.

But I haven't said a word. The only thing I've been doing is sitting on a chair next to his bed, holding his hand and rubbing soothing circles on it. It's like I was in a trance. Not caring about anything that happened around me, the world could go down, I'd still be there, rubbing circles on his hand, hoping my soothing touch will wake him up.

' Hey Sky, we're getting something to eat in the cafeteria, do we need to bring you something or are you coming with us?' That heavenly beautiful voice said. I felt a physical pull to him, tot let go of my brothers hand and go hug him. I thought he already left though? I thought him and the buys wouldn't stay for someone they didn't even know.

I didn't answer him, I answered my instincts and ran up to him, effectively starling him. I wrapped my arms around him, desperate for his comfort right now. The moment he wrapped his arms around me too, the events of the past three days came crashing down on me. Finding out my brother is alive, but that he's been trapped in a dark room by Jason ( Riley's brother) and Riley with almost no food, getting out of there thanks to the man I am holding right now, and my brother slipping into a coma. It's all too hard to manage right now, this is way too much for an eighteen years old girl.

I hadn't noticed that I was gripping his skin that hard that I left some small bruising formation ...

' Oh god, I'm so sorry ...' I said while walking backwards, away from him. I felt tears pricking in the brims of my eyes, threatening to fall down. I can't cry in front of him ... I need to be strong. He'll think I'm pathetic. I can't ... He cut me off by cradling his arms around me again. But I wouldn't have it, I struggled in his arms to get out, to get as far away as possible. The further I a away from him, the best I can hide everything from him.

' Shhht, Skylar, calm down.' He sat me down on his lap and rocked me back and forth.

'No please let me go, you can't see me like this.' It slipped out. I could feel a panic attack building up deep in the pit of my stomach.

' Like what Sky? Vulnerable?' He kept me harshly in his arms, I couldn't get out like this.. He continues rocking me as he did before and traced little circles on my arm.

' I'm not vulnerable ..' I cracked right in front of him. The hated tears that I was so desperate to keep in, finally spilled over the safe corners of my eye. Now I'm done with, I'm not the strongest and best fighter in town ... I'm the most pathetic one.. I stopped fighting his arms and just let hi m do what he wanted to. It doesn't matter anymore now.

' Hey,' He whipped the first two tears that escaped away, 'It's okay to cry, it's okay to let everything out. It wouldn't be human if you didn't. ' He said while still stroking my cheek. I don't know when the sobbing came, but tears were streaming down my face. I tried to hide my face, holding my hand in front of it. But he pried my arms gently of my face and put them on my knees. He took my chin bin his hand and lifted it to his eye level. Still I tried to avoid his piercing gaze.