chapter 79✿

I stare out the car window at the empty roads around us. I can't even fathom that after this weekend, I'll be graduating from high school. Which also means I will be moving away from the person who knows me better than I know myself.

"May?" Luke breaks me out of my thoughts.

"Hmm?"

He chuckles. "What's on your mind?"

I raise an eyebrow. "Do you really need to ask."

Luke sighs heavily. "I told you not to think about it. Especially not this weekend. I planned it out for weeks and I really want us to enjoy our last weekend together."

He's right. Luke went to all this apparent trouble, I should at least try to have fun.

"I still want to know where we're going." I say.

"It's a surprise." Luke smiles as he glances at me and puts his hand on my thigh.

earlier that day

I groan as I am woken up by rummaging of drawers.

"Luke what are you doing?" I ask.

"Get up. Get ready. We're leaving in twenty minutes." He says as he closes the drawer and stands up to face me.

"Wha-leaving where?" I ask as I see an overnight bag packed beside my bedroom door. "Why did you pack an overnight bag? Is that my stuff?"

He laughs. "It's a surprise."

Luke grabs the overnight bag and walks out of my room, leaving me in a state of confusion.

I get out of bed and take a quick shower. I blow-dry my hair and leave it flowing down. I apply a minimal amount of makeup and then go into the kitchen. I have no idea what Luke is planning or what is going on, but the fact that he is doing something like this really is so sweet.

"Alright, i'm ready." I say.

He walks over to the door and picks up the overnight bag. "Let's go then."

"Go where?" I ask.

He turns to me. "I already told you, it's a surprise." He gives me a quick kiss before we walk downstairs and get in the car.

-

"May, wake up we're here." Luke wakes me.

I open my eyes and look around. "Luke wher-" my sentence comes to a halt once I see what's in front of me.

A beautiful log cabin. It's quaint but nonetheless, beautiful.

"I thought it'd be nice to get away for the weekend. It's Calum's parent's cabin, but they said we could use it for the weekend." Luke says as he puts his arm around me, kissing the top of my head.

"It's so..perfect."

"C'mon, let's go inside." Luke says as he takes my hand in his and begins to walk up the pathway.

As I walk up the path, I see a large pond surrounded by rocks in front of the cabin. I look up to see a balcony. Wow, Calum's parents sure do have a stunning cabin.

Luke unlocks the door and gestures me inside. "Ladies first."

"Oh then by all means, go ahead." I tease him.

"Ha ha." He fake laughs as he pushes me lightly inside.

Wow. It really is beautiful. There is wood paneling all around the cabin, minus the rustic stone fireplace.