Chapter 32

“Sure you can handle this?”

“Harry, it's just school. I've been here before you know,” I said with a small smile and intertwined our fingers.

“Thanks for asking, though,” I added as he gently kissed my forehead. We entered the school together, and even though I'd just missed one single day, it felt like a whole month. Harry followed me to my locker as usual, still holding my hand in a steady grip. I had almost forgotten about her, but got reminded as soon as I saw her. I wasn't sure how to act towards her, since she'd been acting weird herself. But I felt like it would be immature to not say anything at all.

“Hi Kelly,” I said and gave her a smile. She quickly looked at me through her curtain of hair and made me surprised by returning my smile.

“Hi,” she said quietly before closing the locker nicely and slowly walking away.

“See! I told you she'd be happy again. Everybody has bad days sometimes,” Harry said, probably realizing that I was surprised by the fact that she answered me.

“Yes, I guess you're right.” But I just couldn't help but feel like something was wrong with her, even though I didn't knew her that well.

“Open wide!”

“No Harry, people are looking,” I giggled.

“Let them! Come on, do it!” I just sighed and opened my mouth as wide as I possibly could. I tilted my head back a bit, so it would be easier for him. I could see how he frowned and stuck his tongue out in concentration.

“Ready?” he asked, and I managed to let out a weird sound as reply. Harry threw the small grape through the air in a graceful movement. I could see how it came closer and closer and had to react quickly and move my head in the right direction. The small, green grape landed in my open mouth, which caused Harry to stand up and put his arms in the air with the biggest smile I'd ever seen. I just laughed at him as I grabbed the sleeve of his shirt and pulled him back down.

“This is embarrassing,” I admitted as I looked around at all the faces in the school cafeteria that had turned in our direction.

“Are you embarrassed of me?” Harry asked and pouted his mouth, trying to look sad. I leaned in closer and kissed his cheek.

“No, you're just weird sometimes.” He pulled away to look at me, a smile spread across his face.

“Yeah, you're right. But I know you love me anyway!”

“Your place, or mine?” Harry asked as I grabbed my things when the school finished.

“Well, my dad's home, so you don't have to be with me now if you don't want to,” I said. Harry just leaned against the locker next to mine and looked up in the roof, letting out a small sigh.

“Amber, I want to spend time with you. But if you want to go home to your dad that's, well, fine I guess.” I looked at him with a small smirk and put my hand to my side.

“Fine, your place then.”

It always made me happy to pull up outside Harry's house. I guess it's weird to say that it almost started to feel like my own home, but it's true. Maybe it's because I spend so much time there. I stepped out of my small car as Harry climbed out of his big vehicle.

“Welcome,” he said with a grin.

“Thank you,” I laughed.

“Nobody home?” I asked as we entered the quiet house.

“Hello?!” Harry called out before looking down at his watch.

“Guess not,” he said and looked at me with a smile.