Chapter 17

My head ached as I lay there on the hard ground. I had spent so much time down there I had gotten used to it. The wounds from my previous beatings still stung harshly making me whimper pathetically.

There was no way I was going to survive.

I had been fed only a few times and even then it was only slices of bread and out-of-date food.

I lost track of the time I had spent down there though I knew it had definitely been over a week though. All the days seem to merge into one it was hard to keep track.

But today was it, I was going to get myself out of there one way or another. I had given Damon enough time to search for me, and he had still not arrived. It was pathetic when I worded it like that, but he was my only way out and I doubted he even went looking for me in the first place. The thought didn't effect me though, not like it would have before I was brought here. All my love for him had faded and replaced with cold, dark thoughts.

I pried open my eyes slowly and glanced around cautiously looking for any signs of Paul. I tried to push myself off the floor but my hands shook under the weight causing me to fall in a heap on the floor.

I could feel the anger and frustration forming in my chest getting ready to be released. I clenched my fists together tightly digging my nails into my palms and let out a breath before pushing myself off the floor. I managed to stand for a few seconds on shaky legs before stumbling into the wall. I leaned against it willing myself to give me the strength I needed to proceed.

When my legs stopped shaking and I felt stable enough to continue I pushed off the wall and walked to the far side of the cell. I gripped the bars tightly and took a deep breath before screaming.

"Paul if you don't come down here right now I am going to rip your intestines out with my teeth you little whiny bitch! I swear to everything that is holy I will destroy you!" I panted silently waiting to hear the sounds of his feet hitting the ground, and soon enough I heard him.

I turned my head to the right with squinted eyes trying to distinguish his features through the dim light.

"You called?" He smirked at me with his rotting teeth and sleeked back hair. I grunted in disgust at the sight of him.

"Yeah I want to let you know how much of a whiny little bitch you are" I spat at him, growling lowly in my throat.

"Is that so?" He said tauntingly " I would have thought after months of beatings you would have gained enough common sense to learn not to taunt me"

"What-" I chocked "Months?" I couldn't breath, it felt like all the wind was knocked out of me.

"Yes didn't you know? I thought you would have been keeping count" He smiled at me with his crooked teeth "It's been 8 months"

I breathed in harshly falling to the floor. How had it been that long. I could feel the tears falling down my cheeks, the sobs wracking my body. I could only cry harder as I heard Pauls laughter in the background.

I was pathetic.

I didn't know how long I spent crying but I knew that during that time Paul had left.

I didn't have words to describe what I was feeling I had just felt so empty.

It had been 8 months and Damon hadn't even bothered to look for me. That brought another wave of sobs.

I glanced around the worn down cell and saw a glistening behind the bars. With shaking hands I reached through the gap and grasped it tightly. It was a nail.

I didn't know why it had been left there but before I could even think about it, I took the open opportunity and jammed it harshly in my wrist. I doubled over in pain, yanking it out quickly and looking at the damage I had created. My wrist oozed blood, creating puddles on the floor.

The nail had hit a vein. Mission accomplished.

More tears gathered in my eyes but I managed to let out a cold, harsh laugh.

Finally I am free.

As my vision faded and the life slowly drained out of me I could feel the vibrations of thundering paws above me. And in my hallucinating state, I smiled as my vision turned black.