Chapter 10. The Dread Doctors

Apparently, when Malia left the library last night she did some investigating. She was extremely curious about the "men in masks" that I had been talking about and she wanted to get some answers on them. So, she went to Tracy's house to see if she could find anything useful like a picture that she had drawn or a diary entry about them. There was a book sitting on her dresser called The Dread Doctors and the image on the front cover was of the three scientists that I had seen. You can imagine my surprise. 

So, we all have to read this book to get some answers. Kira made some copies of it in the library earlier today and we each have our own version to read. During everyone's time of investigating the book, they found a name that was all too familiar. 

Dr. Gabriel Valack.

In all honesty, I never thought I would have to speak to him again... but now this clue pretty much means that we have to go and have a meeting with him. I haven't been to Eichen since Deaton took me there a few months ago to get some information about Derek and Kate. Valack had been extremely confident that I was being consumed by darkness and I was going to turn into something evil. 

I don't want to go and see him. I don't want to go back to Eichen house. I want to stay as far away from that nightmare asylum as possible. Nothing good ever happens there and I'm not putting myself in front of that psycho again. Valack is a wackjob and I don't need him getting into my head again, he already has me second guessing everything I do and making sure that I try to stay on the light side. 

So, I told Stiles that I wanted to sit out of this plan. Malia didn't want any part of it either. We both know that nothing good comes of that place and I'm trying my best to avoid it at all costs. Especially, if it means that I have to go and speak to Valack again. 

Which is why Malia and I are currently sitting in the library, attempting to read the copy of the book that Kira had made us. Scott, Kira, Stiles and Lydia were all going to Eichen tonight. I feel slightly uncomfortable with them all going there, but they wouldn't let me talk them out of it so I don't really have much else of a choice... plus, the building is made of mountain ash and I can't pass through that. Deaton and I discovered that I was able to cross over it in the past because I had been a "chimera" at the time, and because I had been created I wasn't technically supernatural enough and I could cross the mountain ash. Now, I'm back to just being an Admonere so I can't cross it.

My eyes were scanning over the words on the pages, but my mind was elsewhere. I couldn't focus on anything that I was reading and in order for me to make myself useful I would have to read this book. Malia had a yellow highliter in her hand as she went over things that she felt were important. I sighed and glanced at her, "I can't focus." 

"Well, try harder." she dead-panned, chewing on the top of the highliter and not bothering to glance at me. 

I huffed and attempted to continue reading, but a pile of books was placed on top of my pages and I glanced up in confusion to see who the disruption was. I groaned when I met eyes with Theo, who was smirking at me. He pulled up a chair and glanced between Malia and myself, "Page turner?"

Malia decided to look up from her pages and she narrowed her eyes at him, "Not exactly." 

"Neither is this," Theo responded as he held up his pre-calc book. 

I rolled my eyes, "And you're bothering us with this because?" 

"You need to lighten up," he chuckled as he flipped open his book. 

My jaw dropped as I looked to Malia, who was smiling faintly at him before she went back to reading. Oh you have got to be freaking kidding me. Is this seriously happening right now? I don't have the time nor the patience to deal with Theo's bullshit on top of everything else that we are dealing with. Apparently, my brother decided to let him in on the plan of trying to uncover The Dread Doctors and I'm not exactly sure why. He knows how Stiles and I feel about him yet he still continues to let him into our circle.