11 | Old Ex/Friend/Prankster

"You and me could have been a team,
Each had a half of a king and queen seat."

I stood outside the Hideyoshi family home, or rather, palace in complete awe. Mind you, I was probably almost or just as wealthy as the Hideyoshis, and I hardly ever got caught off guard when it comes to grand property. That was how absolutely breathtaking this place was.

"T-this is your house?" I practically blurted out, averting my wide-eyed gaze from the house to Yuko. Yuko, wearing his usual sweater and jeans, had a serene and calm look on his face, something that I hardly ever saw.

Silently, he nodded.

"Every time I visit home, I still get blown away by the beauty of the place," he said softly. I nodded, agreeing wholeheartedly. The home was located in the outskirts of Kyoto, in a small town called Arashimaya. Arashimaya is the nationally designated Historic Site and Place of Scenic Beauty, home to lush cherry blossom trees, bamboo forests and scenic temples. The minute we arrived in the town, we were greeted by excited Japanese villagers who recognised the Hideyoshis. It seemed like they were quite the popular bunch around here.

"It's so peaceful," I said quietly, closing my eyes as a gust of wind swept across us. Yuko smiled and nodded, before gesturing for the group of us to follow him inside.

"My parents won't be here until Tuesday, because they got caught up with work. They'll join us later," Yuko said as we rolled our luggage cross the grand wooden gates. Our luggage and feet crunched under the small stones that covered the vast front garden and entrance as we made our way to the front door.

"We don't wear our shoes into the house," Yuko said softly, when we reached the front entrance. I, along with the rest of the Royals, Emily, and Reiko removed our shoes and put on the traditional wooden shoes Yuko provided.

"This place is amazing," Emily murmured to her white-haired boyfriend beside her. Asher Dane glanced at her with slight amusement.

"Wait till you see the inside," he whispered into her ear. Smiling faintly, I looked away and admired the cherry blossom trees planted around the front of the house instead.

"Come on," Yuko beckoned, and we made our way into the palace.

All of us filed into the living room, the Royals having conversations amongst themselves while I fell behind in silence. I didn't mind, it wasn't much of a deal. I was too used to silence to find any fault in it anymore.

Since I was walking behind and daydreaming, I almost bumped into Robin when he stopped suddenly in front of me. He cast me a glance, smiling tersely when I apologised quickly. Emily gasped in disbelief, and I was rather confused at whatever was happening because I was completely blocked by Robin and Logan.

But soon, my confusion was sated when Yuko spoke in a soft but unmistakable voice.

"V-Vaughn?"

-

"Long time no see, amigos," Siobhan drawled lazily, sprawled out on the tatami mats, looking absolutely breathtaking in her pastel pink traditional Japanese kimono.

"What are you doing here?" Logan exclaimed, stalking towards her and pulling her into a fierce hug. "It's been more than six months since we last saw you!"

"Miss me?" she teased, grinning cheekily. Siobhan Lanigan, the former prankster of Meilleur stood in all her Irish glory, with straight dark hair tumbling down her back like a waterfall and bright green eyes shining with mischief. She always had a twinkle in her eye, one that made you think she was up to no good. Most of the time, she was up to no good. Even though we were not acquainted during her time in Meilleur, I heard about the pranks she pulled on students and teachers alike. It was like she was the female version of Mason.