Chapter 24 - Edited

I hope you like the new cover guys! Everyone seemed to want this one the most. Well this chapter is dedicated to: KicayPalmares For making such a great cover <3. Sorry that this was updated later than I said. I was having trouble writing the chapter, but thanks to 1Directionlovexox, I finally got this done. So thanks guys for being awesome people!

-----_______-----

“W-wait w-w-what?” River stuttered and his eyes widened as his hands shook. River was so terrified, I was afraid he'd pee his pants or something. I clenched my fists, waiting for Max to start something. But he didn't do anything. He just sat there and when a small smile grew on his face as he looked at poor shaking River. I let out a short gasp.

“Don't worry, I won't hurt you little guy.” River was probably only four years younger than Max, though River's mind didn't acknowledge anything of the name that Max called him. Many emotions crossed his face, but mostly of shock and confusion.

“Then- how?” River gazed up at Max, but realized he was looking straight into Max's and ducked down.

“I saw how they treated you, that day when you were out in the woods... when the war was still going on.” I unclenched my fists, grabbed a hold of Max's shirt, and started to play with it in my hands. Did this all happen when we were trying to find him? When he would cut all of us short of the conversations we had?

“Y-you saw that?” River's voice cracked and that was before I noticed that drops of water on the office floor. The drops of water being River's tears.

“River,” Max went to stand up from the couch, and pulled me off him, setting me on the couch. Then I watched when he started to walk towards River, who inched back in his seat.

“P-Please.” River whimpered, now covering as even more sobs came from him. My heart broke at the sight of him.

I remember what they did to the omegas in my pack. There were probably five of them, not just one. The omegas were the ones who were abused and always picked on the most. I bit my lip as I examined River more. There were faint scars on his arms, neck, and even a few on his face. I bet there were even more- as soon as you are born as an omega in the Rift Valley Pack, from that day and beyond you would be treated as dirt. Nothing but trash.

That was one of the reasons why I had envied some packs. It depended on what pack, but most of them didn't treat Omegas like the Rift Valley Pack did. It was also one of the reasons why I obviously hate that pack too. Their cruel ways towards some people were nasty. My list can go on forever on why I hate the Rift Valley Pack.

“I-I’m going to be respected and... and treated like everyone else?” Max nodded his head in response to what River said. Now that I look at it, River seemed much calmer then what I had seen seconds ago. I missed something didn't I?

I decided to butt in, and before I did, I side glanced at Drey and Trevor who sat glaring at River. They saw that I was watching them and quickly looked away. They finally knew their place, huh? Well I was glad that they had caught on fast.

“I am Marielle. Nice to meet you River.” I grinned at I stood up from the couch and bounced over to where River and the other boys sat.