Out of the woods

Chapter

"Nila, get downstairs!" I rolled my eyes when I heard my mother's voice. I closed my book and got up from my bed. I looked at the blue balloon that was in the corner of my room. I gave it a vicious look, trying to win the stare-contest. I closed my eyes and went downstairs to see what my mother wanted. She had her hands on her hips, standing in the kitchen. I gave her a look that said 'what?'.

"We are going to talk, young lady. What was that you did on the stage?" she asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Nothing more than singing a song" I said. She looked at me for a second.

"So there were no real meanings behind it?" she asked me. Did you really gave up that fast? Every time they were near my mind, they stopped trying. It was like they didn't want to be confronted with reality- or they really didn't care. I shook my head and turned around to go to my room again. She didn't even call me back..

I dragged the balloon with me. It was so green around me, even though it was winter. It wasn't really cold. My country had always been like this. Sometimes it even got to the point that we had four seasons in one day.

"Don't!" I heard out of nowhere. Voices started to appear. Shouting. I looked around. I couldn't see anything but trees, but the voices were near. I turned and saw someone running towards me. Noah. His eyes grew bigger when he saw me and he started running faster.

"RUN" he yelled at me and then dragged me forward with him. I started running, not knowing why. I heard voices from behind me but I was too scared to turn back. I held the balloon tightly with my hand, I couldn't let it go. I felt pain in my arm and saw that Noah was holding my arm very tight.

"Why are we running?!" I said, feeling out of breath. He just started running faster. I felt pain in my legs and needed to stop. You know these times that when you have to run from something, but get so tired that you are willingly giving yourself to whatever you are running from. That is what I felt. I tried to let him go off of my arm, but he wouldn't.

"We are not stopping! They will kill us! Just run!" he yelled angrily back at me. I got shocked from the tone of his voice so kept being silent. I closed my eyes, trusting him with the directions. I knew that he wouldn't let me fall. I just felt it.

I put my hands on my forehead, trying to catch my breath. I couldn't breathe properly so I sat down on the mud, closing my eyes. I felt myself drift away. I needed to breathe. I didn't even put my hand on my heart but I could feel it is almost jumping out of my chest. I started to hiccup, which made everything worse.

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard from beside me. That stupid question again which I was sick of. I didn't reply, not wanting to use my energy for talking.

"Try to breathe in and hold it for three seconds" he said. His voice just made me do it without even thinking about it.

"Now let go of it and don't take in air for three seconds" I puffed the air out of my lungs and hold it for three seconds. Weirdly, did that make me feel better.

"Repeat it a few times. Come on, you got this" he said. After a few minutes I was able to open my eyes. I saw Noah in front of me, sweet dripping off of his face and rosy cheeks.

"Thanks" I said while getting up. I fell down again, because my legs were too tired. Noah just smirked at me.

"I am sorry for dragging you with me. They were just pointing guns at me and I couldn't let you stay there" he said while looking away. I looked around me. We were in the quietest part of the town. I lived in a very small town with very few people, means that you knew everyone and everything around. It was the end of the woods. The woods were very big, though you couldn't get lost in it. We were now at the place where the trees ended and only a big field of grass was around.

"Did we really run that much? Damn, I was so against working out" I said. Noah just looked at me with a weird face but kept being silent. I just enjoyed the weather around me. It was so weird. The grass looked so beautiful, as if you could eat it. But when you turned around, there were these green trees, though it wasn't the same green as the grass. It was like the trees were covered in a lot of dust, making the brightness of the color disappear. The outgrowth of the trees were completely brown, looking like they were about to die, while they were the youngest of them. A few of them weren't covered in dust. People always thought that that was ugly, that they were naked and that they needed leaves. But the leaves was what was attractive for the outside. When you have leaves around them, you would see that there would be a lot of damaging that comes from animals- or even people. Noah looked at the woods before turning towards me.

"Are we out of the woods yet?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Tell me what you think!

Random Fact: Tay's out of the woods is my inspiration.