2.9

Harry pushed open the doors to the dining hall, leaving the crowded room as he took deep, steady breaths. Louis was nowhere to be found and hasn't replied to Harry's texts all day and it was driving Harry insane.

Harry had to admit, though, the morning had not gone very well.

"Holy hell, Harry, don't tell me what I can and can't do! You aren't my father!" Louis said with a roll of blue eyes, hands on his hip.

"Says the boy who's constantly calling me his daddy!" Harry snapped, glaring at Louis. "Take them off!"

Louis opened his mouth in a silent 'o' of horror. "Oh, hell no. Don't come at me with that daddy shit. It's a pair of jeans! Chill out!"

In Harry's defense, said pair of jeans were faded and extremely hole-ridden and extremely tight. Louis's ass was already captivating in even sweats, so Harry knew people would stare while the boy were these bloody jeans.

"You're the one who told me to be myself!"

"I didn't think being yourself meant dressing like a whore."

Okay, Louis had a right to be mad about that part... Harry had gone a little too far by calling his boyfriend a whore when he was far from that, but Harry was just so jealous that other guys were going to look at his Louis.

Louis, who hasn't spoken a word to Harry since that moment.

"Harry!"

Harry whipped his head towards the familiar voice, knowing it wasn't Louis, but nonetheless eager to see someone who could know of Louis's whereabouts.

"Ashton, have you seen Louis?"

"Yeah, he's in the music room, practicing a song or something."

"Thanks," Harry replied before taking off to find his Lou.

He was surprised when he nearly ran into Louis as he turned a corner, steadying himself by grabbing Louis's shoulders.

"Lou," Harry said quietly as he took in Louis's features.

Strong, strong Louis who's face and eyes were red, a heavy sign that he'd been crying. Tears were still fresh, swimming against the blue background, and they fell when he met Harry's own worried eyes.

"Baby boy, what's wrong?" Harry cooed, pulling Louis in, satisfied when Louis wrapped himself in Harry's embrace.

"I'm sorry I've been a whore, Harry," Louis whimpered and Harry could shoot himself.

"Louis, baby, please don't cry and don't ever say that again. I'm completely disappointed in myself for that- you are not a whore in the least and I deserve to be ignored by you, although it would cause me much pain," Harry said quietly, rubbing Louis's back. "You are not a whore, Lou, please see that. You are my perfect, lovely, beautiful boy."

Louis sniffled and let out a choked whimper before whispering, "Really?"

"'Course, baby, I just didn't like that other guys get to see you in those jeans and that made me say stupid things. Punch me next time."

To Harry's greater relief, Louis giggled, pulled back, and stood on his toes to kiss Harry and Harry certainly kissed back, regretting ever even saying anything about the jeans.

"I love you," Harry promised Louis, linking their fingers and beginning to guide Louis towards the washroom.

"I love you," Louis breathed, smiling warily at his boyfriend.