[34] You're Sick

Obi-Wan

You felt miserable the second you woke up. You were aching all over, with that tell-tale pressure between your eyebrows that warned you of an upcoming illness that you'd really rather avoid. You were tempted by the idea of pulling yourself out of bed and seeing Obi-Wan, but you'd really rather stay in your room and sleep all day.

You'd been restlessly lying in bed for another three hours when you were interrupted by a shaggy-haired Anakin, who'd grown to become a powerful Jedi over the years of you knowing him.

'Are you alright? Master Obi-Wan has been asking for you all morning,' Anakin spoke up, analyzing your disheveled form. He knew something was wrong, but he didn't want to pry. 

'Hmph,' you groaned back, burying your burning head into the pillows. 

'Are you sick?'

You nodded.

'Shall I send Master Obi-Wan up?' Anakin asked, hesitating in the doorway. 

You nodded again against the covers, and he quietly left the room. His footsteps were loud before slowly quietening as he furthered down the hallway, and then they became nothing at all. Despite the fact that you were lying down, you could still feel the shakiness of your legs and dreaded the moment that you had to get up, fearing for how your legs would bear your weight.

The soft knock on the door drew you from your thoughts and you lifted your head up from the covers with a look of expectancy on your face. Sighing with contentedness at the sight of Obi-Wan, you sunk back into the blankets again.

'Anakin told me you weren't feeling well,' he spoke quietly, sitting beside you on the bed before running his hand through your hair. 'Oh, you have a temperature,'

'I wasn't lying when I said I was sick,' you grumbled, and he just smiled at your groggy response. 

'I'll bring you some water and medicine. And some food, if you're hungry,' he offered.

'I'm not sure I could keep the food down,' you admitted. 'Water is fine.'

'All right. I'll be back in a moment,' Obi-Wan ran a hand through your hair again before placing a kiss on your temple and drifting out of the room. He returned with a clear glass of cool water and a few pills, which he placed on your bedside table before sitting next to you once again. 'Sit up,'

Shakily, you propped yourself up onto your elbows before slowly moving up into a sitting position, where you immediately leaned against Obi-Wan who wrapped an arm around your back for support. He gave you the pills and water, which you swallowed with a quick swig before making a look of disgust at the bitter after-taste.

Obi-Wan held you close as you sighed with exhaustion and pressed yourself closer to him. 

'Maybe you can sleep this one off,' Obi-Wan offered, gently lowering you and wrapping you up in the covers. 'Would you like anything else?'

'I'd like it if you stayed with me until I fell asleep,' you said, reaching out for him. He gave in almost immediately; the puppy-dog look that you gave him made him putty in your hands.

'Of course,' he agreed, wrapping you up in his arms. You were sure you were like a thousand degrees, but he didn't say anything about it and you snuggled into his chest. His presence was soothing and you almost immediately felt sleep take over, whereas earlier you weren't even able to get a moments shut eye. 'Anything to make you feel better.'

Anakin Skywalker

'What's wrong with you? You've been in a terrible mood all afternoon,' Anakin noticed, his voice comforting rather than annoying. You sighed and rubbed a hand over your head. 'I haven't seen you eat anything, either. Is everything okay?'