Keep The Window Closed

Ping!

I rolled over and picked up my phone. Somebody wants to die...

Good Morning. :)

I rolled my eyes and steadied the phone in my hands.

It's too early. Lemme sleep.

I'd barely put the phone down before it pinged again. Aaaergh.

Wake up, Shortcake. It's almost noon.

I frowned. Do you have a deathwish?

He didn't reply for a second. Then:

Who's gonna kill me?

I sat up, leaning against my headboard and bringing up my knees to rest my phone on them. I will. I'll find you, and I'll kill you for ruining my sleep.

I watched my phone expectantly. Nothing. What a rude bum, leaving in the middle of a conversation.

Will this happen before or after you get out of bed?

I groaned and fell over on the bed. Shut up.

It's strange.

Huh? What's strange. You?

You look the same getting up in the morning as you do every other time.

I shot up in bed. My phone pinged again.

Haha, you don't have to get up.

I looked around. He wasn't at the door. So he wasn't inside the house. I think.

Now you're looking for me.

I hissed and went back to my phone. How in the Hello are you doing that?

You left your window open.

I squeezed my eyes shut and straightened my shirt. Then I turned around.

Yousuf was standing on the other side of the street. He smiled.

I hissed and pulled the window shut. It was hot yesterday. You're such a creep.

....

I'm not a creep. Don't leave your window open at night.

Don't tell me what to do.

No really, Iqra. It's dangerous. Your room faces the street, Shortcake.

Don't call me that. I can handle myself. And don't you effing DARE call me that again.

Whatever you say, Shortcake.

I. Will. Kill. You.

Let's see you try, Shortcake.

You're so dead.

No, I'm actually feeling pretty alive right now, Shortcake. I can't die till I eat lunch.

I laughed, despite myself.

Aye, I got you to laugh again.

I pursed my lips. Whatever.

Join me?

I raised an eyebrow. For what?

Lunch.

No.

Ouch. Why not?

I snuggled myself further into my blankets and turned on my side before responding. I just got up. I thought about it. And I can't do that. You know that.

Whyyy...we used to do it all the time.

Eat lunch with someone else.

I don't wanna.

I bit my lip. I don't wanna either. I rolled over and sucked my teeth. The sun was too bright. I rolled over the other way.

You don't wanna what? Not eat lunch with me?

I scowled. I don't wanna see you.

Fine, I need to go. I'll see you at the community center anyway.

I snorted. Good luck with that.

With what?

.....

You're not coming?

I didn't say that.

Iqra, if you don't come, I'll personally drag you out.

You can't do that.

Watch me.

I huffed. Fine, fine. I'll come.

Good. Don't be such a grouch, Shortcake. It's beautiful outside.

I hate sunny days.

Why? They're like you.

How? I stopped short and deleted the message. I typed another one. WHY DO YOU FLIRT WITH EVERYONE YOU MEET GOSHDARNIT.

I don't.

I blinked and rolled over to my window, studying the curtains and wondering if it was worth pulling them aside. Nah. I rolled back and picked up my phone. Sure you don't.

Ping!

I really don't. I don't know why you think that. I wasn't like that before, and I'm not like that now.

I sighed. My phone pinged again. I should really put this stupid thing on silent before I sleep.

Say something, I'm giving up on you.

I jerked my head back. What?

I'll be the one, if you want me to.

I groaned. Good lord. Don't you have thoughts of your own? Or do you have to quote song lyrics?

Ouch. Iqra, let me down easy, darn it. Way to kill a guy.

....You dead yet?

Don't say that, you know you'd miss me.

I pouted. Be quiet.

Aww, did I make Shortcake sad?

I threw my phone under the covers so I didn't have to see it.

"Iqra! Wake up!"
I heard my mother calling from downstairs and I groaned. That dummy took away my last moments of precious sleep.

"Coming, one second. I just got up," I called, dragging myself off the bed. The covers tangled around my legs and were pulled off the bed with me, landing on the floor as I studied my bed-head in the mirror. My hair was sticking up again. Oh Lord.

This was going to be a long day.

**************************************

I did an early update! Dedicated to SapphirePhoenix42 . I'm sorry your heart kept getting broken. <3 Have I fixed it yet? :) 

I'll still be updating tomorrow. Don't worry. I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Let me know what you think! Cheers, 

~October