mine forever {klay thompson}

for: @AureaMcBuckets3

-------------------------------------

"Sit still girl, don't be so nervous." Cassie growled as she was braiding your hair. Cassie was your big sister and was the eldest child in the Rivers household.

Today you had one of the biggest games of your career. This game would determine if you would or would not be going to the World Cup next year. The amount of butterflies in your stomach was unhealthy.

"You know how important this game is." You hissed back at her. Unlike your father, Doc, and brother, Austin, you didn't excel at the game of basketball but soccer was a completely different story. You were one of the best to ever play. You didn't follow in your father footsteps to become a basketball player but you pursued your own dream. To become a goal keeper for the United States of America National Women's Soccer Team. But your dream had finally become a reality and here you are, in Mexico, representing your country.

She rolled her eyes. "I betta get lover boy in here. Bet ya he'll calm your ass down." She laughed. You nudged her. Your boyfriend of five years, Klay Thompson, had travelled with your family Mexico for this game which was a pleasant surprise. He didn't tell you he was coming.

You and Klay had met in Washington State, both attending collage there. Sharing the same passion for sport it didn't take long for Klay to ask you to be his. Ever since then you too have been going strong. It was safe to say you loved that man with all your heart.

"Done" a voice chimed interrupting your thoughts. "Thanks sis" you mumbled. She laughed and walked out of the room. You put your headphones into your ears blocking out all thoughts so you could focus on this game.

Suddenly you felt someone wrap there arms around you. You looked into the mirror to see it was Klay. A smile instantly appeared on your face. He began to leave kisses on your neck. You took out the earphones placing a soft kiss on his tender lips.

"You gonna do so good today baby, I know it." He said as he grabbed your waist. "I love you baby girl, and good luck" he mumbled against your lips before exiting the room not letting you say a word. You just tried to prepare your mind for this game.

Now or never.

-

It was halftime and the crowd was booing the home team, Mexico, because the score was six-null to the U.S.

You were going to join your team in the dressing room when someone grabbed your wrist. You were going to scream until you realised that it was Klay.

"What are you doing Klay!" You shouted. "You almost gave me a heart attack" you continued giving him a light punch into the chest. He laughed.

"I was gonna wait until after the game but I just couldn't wait any longer." He said as he grabbed your hand and intertwined it with his. "Alex, I am in love with you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I need you by my side and I'll promise I'll be by yours. So what I guess I'm trying to say is-" he said getting down on one knee. "Marry me Alex and officially be mine forever"

A tear rolled down your face. You were speechless so all you could do is nod your head yes. You were shaking you were in such shock.

You heard your Dad scream "Picture time quick!" You grabbed a ball and stood on it so you would be somewhat his height. You shared a kiss. It looked like one of those cliché pictures on tumblr, but as of now you couldn't care less.

Your football team walked out of the locker room, applauding at the sight. "Go get it girl." They all yelled.

"I love you Alex." He whispered in your ear. "I love you too Klay" you smiled.

-------------------------------------

Sorry for any mistakes but hoped you like it 💕
- vivienne ✨