Chapter 30

"Michael, where are we going?" I asked as he drove fast on the road.

"Don't worry. You'll see" he replied, smiling. "Roll your window down."

I rolled the window down and he rolled his down. He also rolled the back windows down. He continued to drive and we reached what felt like the middle of nowhere. 'Small Things' by Blink 182 came on the radio, and Michael turned it all the way up. He rolled down the window on the roof of the car and I stood up, poking my head out of it. Michael and I belted out the words at the top of our lungs and I raised my arms up, feeling like nothing in the world mattered. I looked down at Michael who was staring up at me and smiling huge.

"What?" I asked, smiling at him. His cheeks heated up and he looked down.

"You're the most beautiful girl in the world" he replied, smiling. I felt my heart flutter. "I love you" he added.

"I love you too, Michael" I replied, smiling at him again. We started to sing the words at the top of our lungs again and I chuckled at how stupid we are.

When the song was over, I climbed back down and sat in the passenger seat. He stopped the car and we got out. We were in a deserted field, similar to the one I always went to but not exactly the same.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

"It's gonna sound stupid," he started. "But when we first moved here I was around 6. We first got a house over by those woods.." He pointed to them, and they were a little further down the field. "We ended up moving, but that's the first place we lived. Anyway, I would come to this field and I thought it was the funnest thing ever. I don't know why, I just did. I would ride my bike along this field all the time. Well, I made a promise to myself one day that when I fall in love, I'll take the girl I love here. I'm in love with you, and..here we are." I couldn't help but to smile.

"That's adorable, Michael" I said. He rolled his eyes.

"Okay, but don't start to think I'm some softy..." He mumbled. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around my torso and we rocked back and forth, slowly.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said into his chest.

"Hmm?" He replied.

"Um...Never mind."

"No, tell me" he said.

"I don't wanna freak you out.." I trailed off.

"Why would I get freaked out?"

"You just would."

"Tell me" he whined.

"Okay, okay...do you ever think about...I don't know, the future?" I asked. He stayed quiet for a while. "Michael? I knew this would freak you ou-"

"I do" he interrupted.

"Really?"

"Yeah..we haven't been together long but I always think about the future. Like, if we were to ever get married and how many kids we would have" he said.

"How many?" I asked, looking up at him with a smile. He thought for a minute.

"Three" he replied. "Two boys and one girl. The girl could be either the youngest or the middle child so the brothers could beat up any guy that breaks her heart..with my help, of course." He chuckled and I did too. "I also think about where we would live and what the house would look like. Maybe, we could live somewhere less busier then Los Angeles but still in California. And we could have a 3 story house with a pool...okay I'm sorry I'm going too far." His cheeks heated up. "It's only been a couple of months since we've been together and it's too far ahead..."

"No, it's perfectly fine" I replied. "I just didn't think the bad boy would think about the future and settling down." He shrugged.

"I guess you changed me."

"I did?" I asked.

"For the better" he replied. "I'm thinking about the future and everything."

"Look at you, you're growing up" I teased, smirking at him.

He chuckled and pressed his lips against mine. I put my hands on the back of his neck and felt him deepen the kiss. When we pulled apart, I stared up at him. I felt the wind pick up a little bit and it began to pour down rain, clouds blocking the stars. We got soaking wet.

"Dammit!" I exclaimed, beginning to run back to the car.

Michael grabbed my arm and before I knew it, I was thrown over his shoulder. He ran down the field.

"Michael!" I yelled, punching at his back.

He kept running. He then set me down but lifted me up again so I faced him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I also wrapped my arms around his neck to keep me up. He spun me around in the rain and I chuckled, staring into his eyes. He slowly pressed his lips to mine, and I felt like the whole world stopped. His lips moved in sync with mine and chills covered my body. I felt his hand come up and brush my arm slowly, making my heart race. When we pulled apart, I kissed him softly on the cheek.

"I love you, Michael" I said, running a hand through his soaking wet hair.

"I love you more Ashley" he replied, smiling at me. He put me down and as he walked to the car, I grabbed his hand.

"Will you...dance in the rain with me?" I asked, smiling.

"Of course" he replied.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck as we rocked back and forth. He grabbed my hand and spun me around as I giggled. The rain came down above us but we didn't care. He pulled me in by my arm and kissed me again, my heart racing once again. When we pulled apart, he threw me over his shoulder again and I screamed.

"Michael!" I yelled, not being able to control my laughter. He ran full speed to his car.

When we got in, he didn't put me in the passenger seat but instead, his lap. He quickly rolled all the windows up.

"Is there a reason I'm in your lap?" I asked with a smirk. "If we crash, we die."

"It's worth it if I die with you" he cooed.

"Shut up, cheesy" I replied, smiling.

"I'm not cheesy or romantic for the 80th time" he mumbled, beginning to drive.

"Okay" I replied, raising an eyebrow. "What if we get pulled over?"

"Do you realize it's about one in the morning?" He asked.

"Woah, what the hell?" I said, looking at the time. He was right.

"It should be about deserted." He shrugged.

I sighed and lay my head back on his shoulder. He began to drive. After a while of talking about random shit, we pulled up to my driveway. He got out with me and we walked out into the pouring rain. I chuckled as he threw his shirt over my head, yet he was still wearing it.

"Michael!" I exclaimed.

"What?" He asked, chuckling. I laughed along with him and we walked into my house.

I bit down on my lip as we were greeted by my mom standing there with her arms crossed.