18| ''She betrayed me''

A/N: Picture of one of the torture monsters in the media.

JETT

The mixture of betrayal and relief circulated my system like a poison I could not avoid.

I inhaled the nicotine into my lungs before blowing out the smoke at the canopy of my bed. These human pleasures did nothing for me and with an annoyed growl I crushed the lit cigarette in my palm before dropping it to the ground.

I hadn't stayed to hear Anastasia's pathetic explanations or when the Frosts tried to reason with me; that I should set aside these traditional beliefs for the wellbeing of the Elrioud.

At the thought I scoffed, letting out a bitter chuckle before flicking open the packet of cigarettes that I had fished from my drawer. For the past hour I'd smoked every single one, but only halfway through before I decided they weren't helping me relax.

I hadn't expected Anastasia to betray me like this. But she had bound herself to Blaze Fyr and then tried to cover up her tracks by joining our bloodlines. This kind of betrayal was unimaginable to even me. I would've understood if she had only kissed a few men, but she had betrayed the Elrioud, and now she was to pay for it.

The hate in my mind dissolved slightly when I remembered Isobel - Daniel's fiancé.

The blond haired beauty had been devastated when he died and she had never quite been the same. She couldn't use her powers properly anymore, and her days were spent in the wheelchair - she had given up on life.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It was Brandi who came to my door that night, telling me that dinner had been served.

And though I wished to just lay there in my bed, surrounded my cigarettes, I decided that some food might make me feel a little better.

To my surprise, the table had only been set for one, 'Brandi?' I said and watched the redhead move towards me, her eyes suspiciously steady, 'Where are the others?'

'Mr. Van der Laine has affairs to take off after today's disaster, your brother is with his fiancé and Keira wants to be left alone. She feels rather tired today after all the occurred events'

I narrowed my eyes at the impudent human that had been allowed to enter our world with nearly no strings attached. Moments passed before I said, 'I will not eat either'.

'But Sir-'

'Don't disturb me,' I muttered as I left the dining room, suspicion crawling over my skin like ants.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

They were all gone.

I could sense it the moment I got to the second floor. Nathaniel, Edmund and Keira.

For the first time in my life, panic settled into my skin like the jaws of a bloodhound and I couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible had happened whilst I had been wallowing in self-pity.

Cursing myself under my breath I ran towards Bambi's room, opening it without knocking.

In the darkness, there was a body under the blankets, but the breathing was too shallow and quick to be of someone who was sleeping. In a few long steps I reached the bed and pulled the blankets back.

Keira's maid Briana looked back at me with wide teary eyes, 'M-Master Jett?'

'Why are you in Keira's bed?' I whispered, watching the frail human tremble in between the sheets, 'Answer me'.