nine

i twist the knob on the door of jack's room. he'll either be super annoyed and angry, or asleep because i did leave him alone for four hours. it is currently two am, so i wouldn't be surprised.

"jack." i softly call out and he shuffles around in his bed.

being ignorants do not caring, i flip the light switch on. as if it were a trigger, he groans and covers his face with his pillow.

"i want to talk to you." i truthfully say, sounding how he did earlier today.

"about what? can it wait until tomorrow?" he grumbles because i've just woken him up.

i slowly walk to the side of his bed and sit carefully on the edge, being sure i don't fall off. i try to take the pillow from his grasp, but he doesn't let me.

"are you mad at me?" i ask.

he sighs, "no."

"you kind of just left me in the kitchen."

"after you told me you kissed another guy? i'm well aware, nova."

my eyebrows raise in surprise, "that's why you left?"

"i don't want to say no when it obviously bothered me, but i also don't want to say yes and sound all clingy when all we did was just kiss twice." he responds and i wince.

"okay." i lower my voice to a whisper. "sorry for waking you. goodnight."

now that i've gotten my answer, i can sleep with content. i begin to stand from the bed and jack immediately removed the pillow. his eyes are squinted and he looks dazed from the light.

"your room is a long walk from here." he speaks up.

i tilt my head to the side, "what are you talking about? it's just across the hall."

he pats the empty spot next to him and my eyes widen. we only kissed and he wants to move to a bed already?

i smile and shake my head a little, "goodnight, jack."

he huffs, "night, missy."

*

i'm woken up by loud giggles and it rings clearly in my ears. rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, i get up from my bed and tie my hair up before heading to the source of the sound which is in the living room.

the first thing that i see is sam. that doesn't explain the girly giggles, so i move closer into the room. amber and cara sit there as well, with jack no where in sight.

"it's about time you woke up!" cara shrieks.

"where's jack?" i ask. "how'd you guys even get in?"

amber's smile drops, "jack was the one that let us in."

"okay, but where is he?" i repeat.

she subtly rolls her eyes and i brush it off. i raise an eyebrow, still expecting an answer to come out of her mouth.

"he's in kitchen. since when do you care so much?" amber questions.

"didn't know that i had so many ignorant people in my life." i mutter, walking toward the kitchen.

jack's back faces me and he bends down, watching a close eye on the coffee as it drops down into his mug. i clear my throat, making him straighten up and turn to look at me.

"hey." he smiles. "how was your sleep?"

"how did they get in?" i inquire, cutting right to the chase.

"the girls came very early for you and i knew that you wouldn't be awake for a while, so i invited sam over because i did not want to be alone with them." he explains.

"you could've told them to leave."

he shrugs, "i didn't want to be rude, but on the other hand, what he hell are you wearing?" he asks, examining my pajamas that i've only ever worn once.

"my own mother called me a hoe, so i'm covering up everything that i can."

his facial expression softens and i see him try to stifle a laugh. i shoot him a deadly glare and he stops instantaneously.

"sorry, but that doesn't mean you have to dress like a nun."

"i'm not dressed like a nun." i snap and he grins.

"i like what you usually wear."

"of course you do." i roll my eyes. "you're a guy."

"i'm actually glad you dressed like a nun in front of sam." he chuckles.

"stop calling me a nun!" i pout. "i'm going to shower and change. then call me a nun afterward."

jack glares at me, "keep in mind that sam is over."

i ignore his words and walk back to my room, passing through the living room once more.

"are you hanging out with us today?" sam asks, not glancing up from his phone.

"who, me?" i question, pointing to myself and sam nods. "depends on what you guys are doing." i shrug.

cara runs to catch up behind me and enters my room with me. my eyebrows pulls together and i slowly turn to face her.

"yes?"

"is that the friends you were going to hook me up with?!" she whisper-yells.

i nod, "yup, but it looks like you've already met him." i say.

"he's so cute." she swoons. "do i look okay?"

"you look fine. better than i do."

she gasps, "never!"

laughing, she quickly exits my room. i shut the door and lock it, proceeding with showering and changing into better clothing. all of my clothing shows a little skin, what harm can that do?

after showering and choosing my outfit, i change, put on makeup, and then comb out my hair. once that's all finished, i go back out to the living room to face the others again.

"your roommate stays bangin'." i hear sam's hushed voice to jack.

jack glares at him, "stop."

sam's mouth pops open, "you hitting that already?"

"i'm right here." i snap, flicking sam's forehead.

"i'm sorry." he chuckles in response and in the corner of my eye, i see cara narrow her own eyes.

my phone buzzes in my hand and i look down. my mouth dries and i'm sure that my skin turned pale because of jack's next words.

"what's wrong, nova?" he asks.

i blink, registering the words down on the screen.

[mark] your mother wants to apologize for yesterday. is there any way you can meet up today?

i purse my lips, clicking my screen and typing back.

[nova] no, i'm busy.

i sigh, locking my phone. then, i realize that i told adrian yesterday that i'd call him today, but jack is also in the same room as me and i can't call adrian in front of him.

"nova." jack repeats, clearing his throat.

i look up and everyone is looking at me with intent and curiosity.

"it's nothing." i lie, shaking my head. "just forgot to pay a bill and they emailed me."

{vote, comment, share}

damn daniel back at it again w the white vans