Prolouge

I just set something on fire.

Okay, I know you probably don't know what's going on. So I'm going to back up a little. Just for you. Okay? Okay.

Five Minutes Earlier

I run into the bathroom and pull down my pants. I REALLY have to pee.

"Slayer! Come out here! We need to talk about the next mission!" My mom yells.

"I'm kinda busy!"

My hand suddenly start burning, not visibly, but I can feel it.

"Okay, just hurry up!" I grab my wrist and check my hand to see if there is anything on it. Nothing.

The heat starts spreading up my arm and I bite my lip so I won't cry out. What's happening to me?! I begin to silently cry as I feel pressure on the burning spots and my whole body burns. Then it stops.

It was so abrupt that it took me a few seconds to process it. I let go of my wrist and stand up. I didn't even realize that I sat down.

Knock knock. "Come on Slayer! We need to talk!" My brother Peeta shouts through the door.

"I'm coming!"

"Yeah sure." I heard him mumble.

Ugh! He's so disrespectful! Can't he see that I'm busy?

Suddenly, the rug in the bathroom bursts into flames. My eyes widen. I turn on the sink and grab a bucket. As soon as the bucket is full I throw it on the rug. The fire sizzles, then goes out.

I just set something on fire.