Chapter Forty-Eight: Scholarships and Weddings

Do you guys want to win a dedication for my next chapter? Then, here's what you have to do...

1. Comment that you want a dedication!
2. No spamming!

That's it! I'll pick one person from the comment section and announce the winner in the next chapter. I never did a dedication before, so this will be my first! Okay, on with the chapter!

~~~

Author's POV:

It was the day of the wedding. Grandine was in the dressing room with Lucy and her friends, getting dressed and ready. Grandine never thought about getting married again. It was just something she never had time for. That was until Igneel came back and tried to make amends with his family.

Wendy was more open to Igneel, considering she never met him before. She always wanted to get to know her father and have a deep connection with him. Before Igneel came back, Wendy always imagined what her father looked like, what his voice sounded like, and whether or not he was a good man. Now, she finally got all the answers she was looking for and it didn't take long for the both of them to start bonding.

Grandine was a little hard on Igneel. It took her a while to forgive him for abandoning his family and leaving her alone to take care of the kids. She was also skeptical when Igneel claimed he had changed for the better. That all vanished, however, when Grandine saw how persistent he was at trying to win his family back. He was the same Igneel Grandine knew and loved.

Natsu was a bit of a challenge. When he was little, Natsu always looked up to his dad. When Igneel left, Natsu could only think about the reason why he did. Was it because he wasn't good enough for him? The question seemed to haunt Natsu every single day. That was until Grandine told him about Igneel's secret. She told Natsu about how he used to smoke, drink, and gamble a lot of money. When Igneel came back, Natsu could only think about how he damaged his family. He never gave him a chance to show how much he changed and closed him out, not wanting anything to do with him. However, Lucy was able to persuade him into talking to his dad and the both of them were able to receive closure.

"Will there be cake at the wedding reception?" Erza asked, combing Grandine's hair. "Preferably strawberry cake?"

Grandine laughed. "Yes, there will be strawberry cake at the reception."

"Erza!" Levy scolded. "You and your addiction to cake needs to stop."

"It's alright, Levy," Grandine said, "I have an addiction to cake too."

"Hey, Juvia," Lucy said, grabbing the pink lipstick. "Can you zip up the dress for me? I'm going to do her makeup."

"Sure!" Juvia said, zipping Grandine's dress up.

"Wait, what about me?" Wendy asked, feeling a bit left out.

Erza thought for a moment. "Can you check to see if Mira has delivered the cake that was ordered?"

Wendy gasped. "Mira is coming to the wedding?" Everyone nodded. Though, it still shocked Wendy. She hasn't seen Mira in a long time. "Didn't you guys tell me she was too busy managing her bakery?"

Juvia nodded. "Yeah, but she thought it was a special order, so she was able to fit us in."

"Mira should hire someone to manage the bakery," Lucy said, applying some lipstick on Grandine's lips. "She shouldn't have to skip school just so she could satisfy the customers."

"To be fair, Mira doesn't really need to go to school," Levy said grabbing the curling iron from one of the drawers. "She already has a job and she gets a pretty good amount of money."