Chapter 4 ~ I told you so

I was his 'destined one'? How could he say that? I didn't even like him... okay it wasn't like I didn't like him... I just... hmpf... well it was complicated but that didn't mean I was anything special. Plus I didn't believe in things like destiny and stuff like that.

"Yeah as if..." I muttered as I stared at the man before me and I could see him tilt his head at me in curiosity. He seemed like he wanted to say something but when he didn't I huffed and turned my eyes on the stairs again.

When I started walking up the stairs I could feel Ethan follow close behind me. I sighed at his persistence and I could hear him do the same.

"Matt come on, don't be difficult." He said from behind me and I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see it. He wouldn't know it but I was always difficult.

Suddenly a hand landed on my ass and I almost tripped on the step I was just about to step onto. When I regained my balance I whirled around and came face to face with Ethan.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I growled at him, massaging the place on my ass where he had slapped me. Ethan raised a single eyebrow at my anger and simply answered:

"It's rude to roll your eyes at people, pup."

I stared at him for a second and seriously considered pushing him down the stairs.

"You... how would you even know that I was rolling my eyes at you when you were walking behind me?!" I said, pointing an accusing finger at Ethan. He gave me a superior look and shook his head at me like he was talking to a child. In a way I guess he was...

"You just confirmed it sweetheart." He said, smirking at me as a slight blush covered my cheeks.

This jerk was good... obviously I needed to step up my game...

"Shut up... and don't call me that." I muttered childishly, glaring at him before I turned around and kept stomping up the stairs. Ethan let out a small chuckle from behind me and said:

"What? Sweetheart? Well I think it suits you Matt."

I wanted to roll my eyes again but this time I didn't. I wouldn't risk giving him another reason to humiliate me even more. Stupid man!

When I reached the first floor I paused slightly to think over my decision to look for my friend. Ash was a guy who could handle himself so it wasn't like I was needed. Then again I wanted to get away from here as soon as possible and if that meant disturbing him in an important conversation with his kidnappers then so be it. He had called me, wanting to be picked up after all. It was totally his fault that I was even here to begin with!

When I had decided to look for him I shot a quick look down the corridor but then I chose to keep walking up the stairs to the third floor. I decided to search for Ash up here first and then work my way downstairs.

When I walked up to the first door I hesitated somewhat and frowned at myself. I couldn't just go opening every door in their house could I? I shot Ethan a questioning look and opened my mouth to speak.

"Do you know in which room they are?" I asked and I could see Ethan give me a tired look. He obviously understood that I wouldn't be giving up any time soon.

"Yes I do." He answered and I slowly raised an eyebrow at him when he didn't elaborate any further than that. What was wrong with this guy?

"...and... are you going to tell me or do I have to open all these doors one by one?" I asked in an impatient voice as I stared at the man in front of me.