Chapter 11 - Let me Hold You.

Asia.

Everyone had just left the house and now it was just me, my brother the kids, nana, and Aunt Joyce.

I was sitting at the table taking pictures while K.C was helping Aunt Joyce wash the dishes.

Nana kept looking at me, and smiling from a far.

I looked at her back and chuckled, "Jesus young people these days, and they're phones you ain't getting no cuter darling." She said while knitting in her rocking chair.

"Im sorry Nana." I chuckled.

"Don't apologize, do you."

"Hm." Said Aunt Joyce as she looked my way.

Nana peeped it, and how she cut her eyes at me as we were washing the dishes.

I have been ignoring her all dinner. She would mumble things rude about me, or cough really loud when I got a compliment. I think it's its childish for a 38 year old woman to be acting like this so I just pay it no attention. She's always been like this towards me.

"Joyce is there something you would like to get off your chest?" Nana asked.

"No. Not at all." She said as she continued to wash dishes with my brother.

"Okay sweetie just making sure cause I have noticed how you have been looking at Asia all day, and mumbling and I wasn't gonna say anything in front of the whole family. I just feel like we need to talk as one. Now that my daughter in law is gone, and my grand baby is back I just—

"Don't want no tension or no more or mishaps." She said sewing, and looking up every now and then.

She knew that Aunt Joyce never liked me, and I saw what she was trying to do.

"Nana it's all good what you talking about? Everything is great!" K.C said as he put the last dish away.

"Okay I'm just making sure—

"No, I have a problem." Spoke Aunt Joyce she then sat down at the table, and Nana, and K.C joined silently. I put my phone down as I waited for her to talk.

I was just staying quiet, cause I do feel like all this is my fault... Everything, and right now I have nothing to say.

"Alright now, whats the problem?" Nana asked.

"I just... I'm gonna be honest. Asia I lost all my respect for you—

"You never had respect for me. You've always hated me."

"That is not true Asia your my niece." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay." I simply said. I was not up for this.

"Anyways... I just wanna know what your problem is when you were sixteen you always dealt with the bad guys and always isolated yourself from everybody why? Maybe if you wouldn't have been gone for so long my sister would still be sitting here with us right now—

"Joyce what the hell!?" K.C yelled standing up out of his seat.

"Boy sit your ass down." He cut his eyes at her and slowly sat down.