f o u r

Shawn Peter Raul Mendes

Haven had so many talents that it was hard to keep track.

She could dance, act, write, play almost any sport, she could play guitar and piano, and she could sing.

That was my favorite talent of hers.

I discovered this when we were 15. It was a cool, crisp, October evening and I was heading over to Haven's to finish up on a project for school.

I was about to ring the doorbell when I heard soft, almost inaudible, singing coming from the backside of the house. Being me, I obviously went to check it out.

I walked across the orange and red leaves hearing the soft crunch they made underneath my feet. As I reached the backyard, I looked up through the windows and saw Haven sitting on the roof with her guitar in her hands.

She strummed lightly, I recognized the tune as Photograph by Ed Sheeran. She started to sing once again, this time it was a little louder.

Her voice was soft, like silk. It was something that I could definitely get used to hearing.

Her eyes stayed closed as she swayed slightly to the tune. I was completely mesmerized by her talent that she had hidden from me for so long.

Once she had string the last cord I started clapping which she abruptly jumped at.

"Shawn?! How long have you been standing there?" Haven put the guitar down and sat a little straighter upon seeing me.

"Pretty much the whole time," I explained, starting to climb up the white-washed trellis onto the roof. I sat next to her and she suddenly started to find her shoes extremely fascinating.

"oh," Haven tucked little pieces of her hair behind her ears. "I thought I was alone." There was a silence in the air that was not very comfortable.

"How come you've never told me you can sing? You're really talented you know." I explained, grinning at my best friend as she looked up with a new glimmer in her eyes.

"Really?" Haven seemed unsure of herself but there was definitely nothing about her voice that she needed to be insecure about. Hell, she didn't need to be insecure about any part of her.

"I promise. You should sing for me more." I told her, slinging my arm around her shoulder.

Haven rested her head on my shoulder, her hair tickling my cheek. I looked at her from the corner of my eye as she looked off into the sun that had begun to set.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked, pulling her out of her trance. She looked up at me for a minute before going back to her original position.

"Just wondering what it would be like if singing got me or you somewhere," she paused a moment before continuing, "I mean, there's not doubt in my mind that you can and will make it in the singing business, Shawn."

I blushed slightly and squeezed her shoulders. Haven seemed so relaxed, so calm. I assumed she went back to her daydreaming of her previous statement. I could tell this was really something she would want to do.

That makes two of us, Aves.

ok so this update is way overdue, I'm sorry guys!

ok but seriously fluffy shawny makes me so happy like...ughhh

someone get me shawn mendes so i can just cuddle the life out of him
-Abbs