Chapter 17

It was around the middle of November. Things between Ashton and me were the best they could possibly be. After a few weeks of intense staring at Luke, I was able to get him to understand that nothing was going to happen with Luke. 

Ashton wasn't able to drive me home one day after school, so I had to catch the bus. I could feel Caleb's eyes on me as I entered. I glanced around for any empty seats but there were none. I sighed and made my way to his seat since he was the only one that had room. 

"Can I sit here?" I asked. He looked up at me and turned his head towards the front of the bus.

"No."

"Caleb...there's nowhere else to sit. It's just for a ten minutes. It's not like we have to talk or anything."

"I'm sure there's somewhere else to sit. You can't sit here."

"Okay, seriously Caleb?" I understood that he was mad and all, but to act like a child? That was just ridiculous. I shook my head in disbelief to his foolishness and was able to squeeze in a seat in the back with some kids.

When I arrived home, Mary-Lynn was packing her dinner in a little Tupperware. Her golden hair was wrapped in a ballerina bun as she wore a blue tank-top with ruffed on the neck of it and black dress pants.

She looked up and smiled her warm smile. "Hey, Juliette."

"Hey." I slid my handbag off my shoulder and sat at the kitchen table, pulling my homework out.

"Where's Ashton?" She asked.

"He had to get home right away to run some errands for his mom so I took the bus home."

"Ohhh," she said. She scurried around the kitchen, grabbing random things and throwing them in her purse. "Okay, I think I got everything. Hey, Juliette?"

"Yeah?"

"When you're done with your homework, do you think you can to the plaza that's just a few blocks down and grab a few things for me?"

"Yeah! That sounds fine." I smiled.

"Okay, thank you so much, dear. The list is on the counter. I'm only asking you because Cas won't be back until late tonight and nor will I," she rushed the words out.

"It's not a bother at all. I don't have much work anyways so I'll get going in a bit," I said.

"Okay. I think Mrs. Abrams made some chicken parm for dinner, so help yourself. See you later!" She called out, running out the door before I had the chance to respond.

I only had a list of factoring problems to do for homework and I was able to finish that quickly. 

I grabbed the house key Caspar had made for me once he realized how late Ashton and I were staying out.

It was nice day to take a walk. There was a light breeze blowing and the sun wasn't too hot for once. It was starting to get hotter and hotter each day as summer was making its way.

I glanced down at the list as I approached the line of stores.

Shopping: •3 red delicious apples •a cucumber •bag of lettuce •nutella •bread (white) •shampoo & conditioner •face lotion

Coles Supermarket was only a few stores down so I grabbed all of the food products and made my way out to a beauty store across the street called Madeline's 

I was reading through the receipt when I heard laughing by the outdoor seating area the cafe in Cole's had. I looked up and saw a boy, who's back was turned towards me and a girl talking. I recognized the girl as for she was the one in my biology class that sat with Caleb and was one of his choices. I think her name was Charlotte; Charlie for short.