Chapter IV: Twins

*Remember: Anytime that the chapter heading is not a name, it is in Seth's POV. I apologize if people were still confused. I just wanted to make sure you understood. Thanks! Please vote!*

It is a twilight evening when I am walking home from my job. Everyone else is getting home, so I have to fight my way through the crowds. I earn myself a couple glares along the way. I glance around at the mass of bodies pushing each other out of the way. City people. And with the weather getting colder, everyone wants to move faster to get out of the cold. I like the cold.

I go into the subway, and get out my card. I slide it in, and get onto a jam packed subway car, along with the rest of the working population. I huff, and hold onto the top bar once it speeds away. Kids are screaming as moms try and stop them. It won't work. I roll my eyes and see the others. Some are overweight and look like they don't shower. Some looks dressy and disgusted to be here. But driving is ten times worse. Some are normal, just traveling around.

And then there's people like me. The ones that smell like awful tacos and grease. My hair's a mess, and my hands are so dirty. But it pays, and it's better than nothing. Five stops later of people getting off and more getting on than getting off, I finally shove my way through the crowd. The cold air of aboveground hits me once again. It's still four city blocks from the apartment from where the stop is. It's either that or two miles from the next one.

It's getting colder. Winter is coming. While others are being more angry because they hate the cold, Scout has been happy, and uncharacteristically happy for that matter. I think the pit viper just enjoys seeing others in misery. No matter. Everyone else has been getting down as well. Cade hasn't been either. She's been a pretty songbird like usual. She's trying to get everyone else's mood up. I smile at the memory.

I pass the apartment complex before ours, and see two people. Obviously twins, they are mixed and averagely tall. They're skinny, but not bad skinny. The boy has curly chocolate brown hair, and eyes to match. He has a green bow tie on, and an argyle sweater vest that's also green to go with the bow tie. He has dark blue skinny jeans on and black converse. The tips are grey. His face is one that reminds me of some of the models I've seen on magazines. But the way he dresses proves he doesn't think like that.

The girl next to him has the same color of hair and eyes. Her hair is straight. I imagine it's been straightened and that her hair is just like the boy's. She has a dark blue T-shirt on under her jacket that's purple. She has light blue flare jeans, and tennis shoes. She has pink glasses, and they are nerd style. She pushes them up using her fore and middle fingers. A glare passes over her eyes, making it hard to see her expression.

They look at me as I pass by, their eyes like Scout's; calculating. But it's not like Scout's. They look like they're trying to figure what you're made of, like cogs and gears. A shiver runs down my spine, and a speed up walking. They don't pursue, but just watch me with the same expression.

The cold air smacks my face, turning my cheeks rosy. On this side of town, almost no one is out. Doors are locked for the night and only house lights are on. My legs continue forward until I reach the first alley way on 3rd street. I turn the corner and make my way to our fire escape. As I reach it I hear a voice from behind me.

"Hey. How was work?" I turn to meet Jason's enchanting blue eyes. He looks cold for his nose is bright red. But even in this weather he wears his bandana instead of a hat.

"Why aren't you headed to work?" I question. Usually he'd be headed out by now. He smiles and begins to make his way up the ladder.

"I get the night off. Last night some douche was insulting a guy. I helped him out and so I get a night off as a reward." I smile. Knowing it's one of the only times this will be the case. I start to climb up the fire escape and into the kitchen, wondering who those twins were.

"So. How much did you learn?" Scout's sarcastic voice cuts through my reverie. I let my eyes meet hers, putting down my romance book and smiling.