Friends From The Big Leagues

CHARACTER POSTER - Hawkeye

To say that things were going spectacularly would be a major understatement

To say that things were going spectacularly would be a major understatement. It would be like a janitor placing a wet floor sign in a flooding shopping mall.

After Clint had rescued me from the citadel (he used the word 'rescue', not me. Besides, I didn't want to crush his dreams of being useful), I created a new suit for myself. I learnt the trick from a friend of mine. Strange guy. Good with magic though.

I'd waved my arm, gold dust flashing out. I'd walked through it in my tattered suit and walked out wearing a new one—a deep red lace up bodice with a darker overcoat, the back stopping at my knees, black knee high boots over black pants with my watch hanging from my belt. My flaming hair was tied into a high pony tail; all strands out of my face.

Once I was ready to fight for my life, I'd portaled Clint and I to the forest where our first battle in Sokovia had begun. And that's when we'd noticed that the city was flying. We'd watched it rise into the sky in horror and shock, blue thrusters built into the rock underneath. By the way it hummed, I knew it was Vibranium.

Before we were left behind, I'd portaled us into one of the buildings and we'd run into the streets of madness. Civilians ran around as Ultron clones ravaged the city, destroying everything in their path.

Clint had taken off to help Wanda Maximoff fight while I destroyed clones and portaled civilians out of danger. My shields and portals were my best friends as I protected the civilians charging to safety through the portals. Wave after wave hit me like freight trains. But I wasn't going to hand over the fight that easily. I used the ground to channel my power, destroying multiple robots at once.