the walk

Sesshomaur's pov

Me and Kira walk the outskirts of the village. I wasn't sure weather I wanted to be hear or not, but I knew I didn't like this human girl.

"you know I can't hold up a conversation by my self "she stated

I want to say something, but didn't know what. I've never been good at talking. Never liked it either, but I've never been this bad.

" you don't like me, do you" she asked.

No I don't. I didn't say it out loud. I didn't say anything. I almost wanted to leave, but something compelled me to stay. Looking over to Kira I saw her place her hand on the sword looking towards the forest upfront of us.

"what is it" I asked

"another demon" she stated.

As the words left her mouth a blue demon mush like the purple one walked out of the woods. The demon stumbled over to us with blood dripping from his claws. How did I not smell the blood before now or sense his presence?

"such I beautiful girl for me to kill" the demon said.

I felt my anger rise slight at his words. Kira drew her sword ready to take him on. The demon pulled his hand put and brought it down hitting the sword out of her hands. Then he took the back of his hand bringing down to her side sending her flying into the wide river next to us. I felt the full force of my anger hit and my eyes transformed. Jumping up I shouted out with out thinking "NO ONE HURTS HER!!!" drawing my sword in mid air I sliced the demons head off. While lower to the ground I put my sword back in its place. I want over to Kira and picked up her unconscious body for the water. I held her close to my chest as I sat down on the river side. Whipping water off her face my eyes went back to normal. I was slightly worried about her, even though I didn't like her. I looked out to the river studying the way I flowed.

After I while I heard her voice softly call out "se... Sesshomaur?"
I looked down at her trying not to smile at her. Brushing hair off her face I tilted my head to the side.

"thank you"

~~~
Kira's pov

Walking into the hut I heard kagome and Sango talking. They both stopped and looked over to me.

"were have you been I hadn't seen since this morning" kagome asked

"I ran into a demon" I stated walking to my spot.

"are you OK did you kill it"

"not exactly"

"then what what is the demon dead"

"it's dead, but I'm not the one how killed it and that's all you need to know"

I laid down in my spot facing away from everyone. I didn't really what to be here with them and I didn't want to leave sesshomaur.

Facing the wall I started thinking about today's events. I could swear I heard sesshomaur tell the demon that no one hurts me, but was it real. Did he really say that? Does he care about me? That's the second time he's saved my life. And when I woke up he was holding me and stroking my face. Why would he do that? Why can't I hear his thoughts that would make this so much easier. And then there was that run in with Tammy. What are her plans?

~~~

I woke up and walked out side. The sun was bright and burning. Going back inside I looked over to kirara.

"hey kirara can u give me a lift to the well" I asked. She squeaked, walked out side, and transformed into get lager size. Climbing on her back I watched the ground recede from us. I loved the feeling of flying and being high in the air.

Within half an hour we were at the well. "I'll be back in 3 hours come and get me then please" I said and then jumped into the well. On the other side I climbed up and out into the shrine. Walking into the house I went to the kitchen and got food. On the way to the room I ran into my mother.

"hey Kira did kagome kagome come home with you" she asked.

"no she with Inuyasha. He got hurt" I replied.

"u-hm the letter. It's time" grandpa's called out. Mother scurried off and I went to my room.

In my room I started to look for another pair of sunglasses. I usually have extra here to replace all the pairs that brake in battle. I found the last pair I own in a drew of my desk. As I shoved them on my head there was a knock on my door. After telling them to come in my mother opened the door and walked in with a cream colored envelope that looked like it was once white in her hands. She handed it to me and walked out of my room closing the door behind her. I looked over what to envelope said.
----------------------------------------------------
|                       Kira                         |
|    open this 3 months before    |
|          your 16th birthday.          |
|                                                        |
----------------------------------------------------

3 months before my 16th birthday that would be next week. I tucked the envelope into my boot. I wonder what it says and what it's about.

After showering and changing I put all my weapons on and stuffed the letter back in my boot. Then went to the well and jumped in. After climbing out I sat on the well edge waiting for kirara to come get me.

after a few minutes of waiting I saw kirara slowly descending to the ground beside me. I climbing on to her back and we went back to the village. When we got back to the village there were three demons like the last 3 were destroying the village and everything was on fire.

With out waiting for kirara to land I jumped off her back about 7 feet from the ground . After hitting the ground I took off running to the hut. Looking around the hut I didn't see anyone. Running outside and to one of the demons I pulled out one of the arrows I restocked on at my house. Aiming for the demons head and firing, my arrow hit him right in the forehead. The demon fell to the ground and I pulled out another arrow ready to fire.

As I let the arrow go one of the demons swooped their hand down hitting me in the side. I flew through the air rolling till I hit the ground. Pain shoot through my right arm and I immediately knew my arm was broken in multiple places. Not being able to do anything fear shoot threw me as the demon the hit me walked over to me, and picked me up.

"well aren't you a tasty looking thing" he said.

"if your smart you'll put the girl down" I heard sesshomaurs voice ring out.

"and what would you do if I didn't"

Sesshomaur didn't answer. Hoping up he pulled out his sword and sliced the demons arms off. Catching me he decending to the ground.

"your hurt" he stated a look of worry appeared in his golden eyes.