38. A Dip Into the Past

"Are you alright?" Jade queried nicely, taking notice of my sudden anxiousness.

"Yea I'm perfectly fine, sorry. Please excuse me really quick." I gritted through my teeth as I picked myself up to walk to the restroom.

As I entered the women's restroom I felt a quick tap on my shoulder, turning around to see Xavier who followed me inside the restroom.

"Um this is the girl's restroom." I awkwardly let out, praying that a girl doesn't walk in right now.

"I don't care. What's wrong?" He questioned, his bright grey eyes piercing mine.

"It's nothin-" I was quickly interrupted by his hand, which was slowly raising my chin up towards his face.

"I can tell when you're lying." He breathed, slowly moving his face closer towards mine. "So now tell me." He cooed softly.

"I think that Mason boy was my childhood bestfriend." I clenched my fist as I cringed at the thought of seeing him again. "He looks so much different now and that's why I didn't remember him at first. He used to be so scrawny! I guess football and swimming does wonders for your body because he looks a lot different now." I spoke a lot faster, nervous over the fact that he might find out that I'm his childhood best friend that he decided to throw away like trash, afraid that the rumor of me being The Amphitrite Whore will somehow affect his reputation.

"I'm gonna go talk to him." Xavier frowned as I ended my explanation about me and Mason's friendship ending.

"No! Oh my god! Please don't. I just rather not talk to him again. I just wanna leave." I pleaded loudly, our conversation was then momentarily cut off by a girl who awkwardly opened the door, taking a quick confused look at the both us, and then closing the door again to leave.

"Fine. But I swear, if I end up punching the fuck out of him, you can't blame me." Xavier announced angrily.

"Can you please not?" I rolled my eyes at him as the both of us exited the women's restroom, returning back at the table which still had Mason and Jade comfortably sitting together.

"Sorry about that, I just had to use the restroom." I smiled, my eyes quickly landing on Xavier to give him a sign to do or say something for us to leave already.

"My grandma just texted me you guys. She needs help with her computer and she wants me back home." Xavier acted as if he was disappointed in the most perfect way possible, making me just wanna burst out in laughter.

"Aw man, that's too bad. We should do this again next time." Mason beamed at us, then we proceeded to say our goodbyes with hugs and farewells to each other.

Mason latched his arms around me for a hug as I suddenly felt him preparing to whisper something into my ear. "I'm sorry for everything." He whispered with a saddened tone in his voice, then we ended our hug.

What he whispered to me immediately made my eyes widen in shock. Did he already know? Sorry for what? Sorry for me having to leave or sorry for being an asshole? I don't understand. But whatever he's sorry for, I guess I accept it.

"Did you and Levi have another fight again?" Trevor flashed me a tired look

"Not a fight. I just started noticing how much of a fuck boy he was. I mean it's whatever. We never even dated." I sighed loudly, drying my damp hair with a towel.

Suddenly a bunch of knocks at one of the lockers stole our attention.

Oh my god, why the hell did she feel the need to come here?

"Can we talk?" Vanessa's cracky voice spoke, looking at me as if she was the victim which completely made me feel annoyed again.

I stood up as I dropped my towel on one of the benches in front of me. I then slowly started walking towards her, scanning over her incredibly beaten up face, which didn't make me feel bad at all. Observing her horribly scarred swollen lip and her bright purple black eye just made me wanna punch her more.

By the time I finally reached her, I noticed her subtly flinch back a little to keep space which made me wanna laugh from how much of a coward she was. "You have some nerve, to come here, and try to talk about something that doesn't need any explanation."

"Arielle. You have every single right to hate me, but you need to understand, I stopped once I noticed how much it affected you. I tried my best to have your back at all times when everyone continued to make fun of you." She asserted with an apologetic tone in her voice.

"You saying that they made fun of me is an understatement. You have no idea what they did to me and how they made me feel. What the hell did I ever do to you for you to think I deserved that?" My voice was raised much more stronger this time as this conversation with her started to make my blood boil.

"I didn't think you deserved it okay? It was only a joke I told to that girl named Kaitlyn Von Gucci or whatever back in freshman year because you were getting so much guys. And I guess she turned it into making you sound like a whore by telling people you slept around and stuff like that, and then she started calling you The Amphitrite Whore to everyone, and then everyone started calling you that. But you have to believe me, all I did was make a joke to her." She explained sincerely.

"Goodbye Vanessa." I threw her one last smile, proceeding to return back to the benches to continue drying my hair.

TWO MORE CHAPTERS! THX FOR READING THIS FAR YOU GUYS! REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND VOTE! <3 ALSO THE SEQUEL IS NOW OUT!

#VANESSAISOVERPARTY

HEY IF YOU GUYS CAN, PLEASE DO ME A SMALL FAVOR AND VOTE ON THE CHAPTERS IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, THANK YOU. IT'll JUST MAKE ME HAPPY SINCE I WORKED SO HARD ON THIS BOOK! LOVE YOU GUYSSSS

ALSO IF YOU WANT, YOU CAN CHECK MY NEW BOOK OUT! CALLED "LIVING WITH A HOT INTRUDER."