Chapter 31

"Hey mom..." I mumbled.

"Is there a reason you're coming home at one in the morning with this boy?"

"This boy happens to be my boyfriend" I replied. "And yes, he wanted to show me something."

"Where did you go?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"He drove me to a field and we were outside on the field talking for a while, then it started to rain so we went back to his car." I shrugged.

"Well I don't want you seeing each other anymore" she said.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"You heard right."

"Mom, I'm 18 years old. You don't decide who I date anymore" I replied.

"Yes I do. You aren't dating my daughter" she said to Michael.

"You can't do this to me!" I exclaimed.

"I just did. You're acting like a child, Ashley. Go to sleep and Michael, go home."

"No, don't go Michael" I said, grabbing his hand. "I'm staying with him."

"If you stay with him, you don't live in this house. Simple as that" she said.

"You can't do this to me! I love him!" I exclaimed. She rose an eyebrow.

"You don't know what love is" she said.

"You aren't me so you don't know how it feels" I replied, narrowing my eyes.

"Michael. Go home" she said. Michael looked at me and I shook my head, tears in my eyes. "If you don't end this with him, you don't live here."

"Fine" I spat. I grabbed Michael's hand and ran out of my house with him, to his car.

"Um..are you sure about th-"

"Just drive" I interrupted.

He nodded and pulled out of the driveway. He got onto the road and I leaned my head against the window, tears streaming down my cheeks. How could she do this to me? She doesn't understand. I'm in love with Michael and Michael's in love with me. I wouldn't leave him for anything, especially because of her. I watched the rain drip down the window. Michael drove us in front of his cabin and I go out of the car, walking in with him. He closed the door behind us and I sat on his bed, putting my head in my hands. He sat beside me and rubbed my back.

"It's okay, Ash" he whispered softly. I shook my head and stared at the ground.

"I don't get it. Why can't she deal with the fact that I love you?"

"Well...as an adult, she sees you and I as careless kids. She sees me as the boy who's too bad for her perfect little angel." He chuckled. "She's judging this because of my tattoos and my piercings. But she doesn't know what we've been through so she doesn't know how we feel about each other." I nodded, taking in his words.

"You're right" I said quietly. I sighed. "What am I gonna change into?"

"I have some sweats and a lot of shirts you can choose from" he replied.

I nodded and looked through his bags. I found a pair of grey sweatpants and a white 'Sex Pistols' tank top.

"Can I take a shower?" I asked.

"Of course" he replied.

So I hopped into the shower, sighing and throwing my head back. I closed my eyes and thought about this. Surely she'll call me tomorrow, right? She'll tell me I can be with Michael and tell me to come home? After about ten minutes, I got out and put the clothes I had picked out on. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Michael standing there.

"I'm gonna take a shower now" he said. I nodded. He turned around and grabbed my hand, pulling me close to him. "Please don't worry about this, okay? Everything will be fine. You'll go home and..well, I'm not sure what your mom will want us to do, but don't dwell on it. I don't want you having to choose between me and your mom. I love you." He kissed me on the forehead and I smiled.

"I love you too, Michael. Thank you."

"No problem."

He got into the shower and I crawled under the covers, closing my eyes.