Chapter 27: Unexpected And Unprepared

~We're already dead! We're already dead!

WATCH THE VIDEO TO THE RIGHT!! One guy reminds me of Death completely...well two...it should be obvious which ones. One has wide eyes, one has piercings and is laughing hysterically the whole time LOL.

P.S- yes I know their names xD

*************************************************

“She’s been on vacation? I thought she was fired?”  I whispered, watching Tiara organize files in the vacant office David loves to put me in. He calls it the ‘Isolation’ room when I nag him too much.

I was hoping she was fired. Tiara was the fill in for Carol, who led me to David’s office for my interview here. Her voice is nasally for some reason, and her hair is a long, reddish orange in small ringlets at the bottom.  Her breasts were too huge to be real, and her body shape was disgustingly perfect. That day she was wearing the shortest business skirt I had ever seen, and the tightest blouse to ever hit the markets.

Carol shook her head, trying not to burst out laughing. “Yes, Tiara has been in Italy visiting relatives,” she explained, looking in my direction at the ‘Wicked Ginger of the West’. Tiara had stopped organizing the papers, conveniently putting her butt to David’s office.

Little did she know, he was running late today and couldn’t enjoy the ‘show’? This morning he had texted me saying in a short text that he would be late. I didn’t respond, because it seemed pretty rude of him to text:

Imma b late.

Since when does he text like that? Obviously he didn’t care enough to spell out a three lettered number! I of course instantly thought it wasn’t him, but the call I received an hour afterwards clarified it was indeed David Star. My heartbeat sputtered to a rapid pace quickly, and the pictures of the Clown stabbing him reappeared. I had lost so much sleep from that night, worrying something would happen to my Boss. The voicemail said:

“It’s David. Sorry for being short in the text. I lost a relative last night. If you could organize the papers on my desk it would help me, but don’t cancel any of my clients. Tell Carol to call Devin. Get me something to eat too, and forge my signature on the documents that are placed by the left corner of my desk, under the black paperweight. You know my signature by now. They need to be handed in as quickly as possible.

He took a deep, exasperated breath as if he was too tired to say anymore. I noticed it wavered a little, as if he was hiding his emotions. His voice dropped to quiet tone, below a whisper.

“Don’t snoop around in my stuff, I have cameras in my office and will just love playing them back on the projector in front of my whole staff.  Yes that’s a threat. I’ll be back no later than—“

That was when the message clicked off.

I spent the whole morning replaying it in the kitchen, replaying it in the bathroom, replaying it in the taxi, replaying it in my mind. My thought process was only that the hooded man murdered him. The only thing was that he sounded so calm at the end the message, he couldn’t have just died like that! Right?

I told Carol about the message, and she seemed to brush it off like it was nothing. She said he was well capable of taking car of himself. I told her how he never texted, called, or implied that he would come back today, emphasizing all the chores he gave me. Her response was:

“Do you even know him, Honey? He’s lazier than a sloth, climbing Mount Everest, with an eighty pound weight on their back!”

After she had said that, Tiara walked in holding her expensive purse. She waddled into the vacant office, making herself at home and organizing cabinets.  When she took a step back to take a stack of papers off the desk, she almost fell backwards. I swear, that chick did not know how to walk in heels.

Then I realized, I don’t know how to walk in heels either.

I sighed, returning my gaze to Carol. “Let’s go eat,” I whispered to her, motioning for her not to wake the ginger beast the office. If she went with us, she would probably give me all the calorie counts on everything I eat.

Carol nodded, standing up gracefully for her age. We walked briskly to the elevator, and down to the crowded streets of Chicago.  I called Marcy to join us, knowing that she would probably end up going to a party if I didn’t. The weather was perfect for a change; not to cold, not to hot. The sun was spreading across the buildings and the road, and bouncing colorful lights off of the window displays we ate at a local pizzeria, surprisingly getting our food fast. I ordered two extra cheese slices, with pepperoni, onions and peppers. Marcy got the same, since we always ate that type of pizza since we were kids.

“I just love our apartment; I think the view is beautiful. We got so lucky that she got that interview,” Marcy said, taking a sip of her Sprite.

I sighed to myself, as the sun became hidden by what looked like rain clouds. The buildings casted shadows along the streets, and time of day seemed to change to night.

Carol nodded, “Yes it was. Both Devin and David don’t hire too much of the Summer. I’m glad we have another lady in the office, besides,” she rolled her eyes at me and mouthed: ‘The Wicked Ginger of the West’, making me almost choke on my pizza.

The food in my throat got wedged in my throat and I started to cough heavily, thumping at my chest.

“Someone help!” Carol screamed, putting her hands on my shoulder. She tried the hemlock remover, but didn’t seem to know what she was doing.

“Oh CRAP!” Marcy shouted, realizing I was choking. “I got this!” She scampered over to me, just to slip and fall on the floor. My lungs took in fresh air, and I grabbed onto the counter. I sat back in my chair with my hand to my throat, knowing at that moment that there wasn’t any food in my throat.  A tap on the glass to my left sent a chill down my spine. I slowly turned to look out of the window, and literally fell out of my chair. “HOLY—“

The crowd of worried people jumped at my scream. I backed away from the glass, as the sewn-eyed scarecrow continued to just stay there with its head tilted down at me. Nobody screamed bloody murder, or even looked in the things direction. I turned my back to the Scarecrow looking to each one of the crowds faces, “Someone tell me they can see that—“

I turned back around to see a guy with a leather jacket, smoking a cigarette. My jaw dropped, as they turned their head to the side at my stare and turned to face me. The hood they had on practically covered their eyes, but exposed their nose down. The first thing I noticed was the strange markings scattered across their complexion, and the strange shadows where their eyes would be. On cue they lit up to a bright blue, making me jump. The strange, white, blue, and black lines across their face almost looked tribal, and exotic. I vaguely saw a few piercings, but quickly forgot where they were as I drifted up to their eyes again. Their dark gaze was captivating, and I found myself blacking out everyone else’s words.

He switched his gaze to Marcy, and then Carol. They took a drag of their cigarette calmly, returning their gaze to the street. They surprised me by turning back around quickly, and blowing smoke quickly against the windows surface.

When it cleared he was gone.

It was honestly the scariest thing I had ever seen in my whole life.

“See what?” Marcy asked frantically, looking out the window. She had probably been shaking me, and trying to get me to snap out of it.

I stayed stunned, staring at the window, seeing the hidden message the smoke left on the pizzerias front window.

BOO.

********************************************************************************************************

PICTURE TO THE RIGHT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That's what the guy looked like. SWEET DREAMS LOL.

:)))))))))