"It'll get better."

-*Your POV*-

Who's even counting the days of school anymore? You're talking with Adrien right now, he wanted to walk you to your next class. And of course, you said yes.
"Got any more comments lately?" He asked you after a long pause. You opened your mouth to respond, and managed a small, "What do you think? They never stop."
Adrien put a hand on your shoulder and you felt butterflies in your stomach. Darn it, stop it Y/n!
"It'll get better. I can talk to Chloe if you want."
"Really? You would do that for me?" You were shocked. No one ever cared if you were getting bullied before. But you guessed that from the big scene you played out yesterday with Marinette that people were starting to care.
"Why wouldn't I?" He asked and you could tell it wasn't a rhetorical question.
"This place is so different. Back in Italy, I had no friends, no one cared about me. But you... You're different." You managed, looking into his gorgeous green eyes.
He smirked. "Not bad I hope."
"No, just really sweet." You laughed and thought about saying, and cute, but didn't.
As you kept walking, a split second later, Adrien grabbed your hand. You felt your cheeks flush red. No one ever did that. You peeked at him and he smiled, so you grabbed onto his hand like it meant the world to you. Which, it sorta did.
"So, do you think you can come over tonight to work on the project?" Adrien asked. "Sure. This time, I won't bring my phone." You answered and laughed.
You felt for a second that he actually liked you.
But that can't be right, no one had ever liked you that way. And no one ever would...
Right?

.......... ...........

-*Adrien's POV*-

       Y/n seemed to be getting better. Her phone went off in Science today and she didn't check it. I hope she's doing okay...
      I was walking through the halls when I spotted Y/n through the window in the locker rooms. She was curled up in a ball, sobbing. I felt a pang in my chest and I ran through the doors, oblivious to the stares from the others. She has trusted me with her secrets, she trusted me. And I trusted her. She was one of my closest friends, I wasn't going to let her do this to herself.
        When I entered the locker room, I couldn't see Y/n. She had moved to another corner.
      "Y/n?" I called out and listened. I could hear her sweet breathing, but not much else. Then she let out a sob and I ran as fast as I could. When I reached her I gasped.
     "Y/n, no. It's not worth it." There was no way she was going to do this. "Put the knife down."
    She was holding it over her wrist, prepared to cut it, staring deep into my eyes, tears falling onto the floor.
       "Yes it is. They're right, I don't deserve to live." She sniffled and I sat down next to her, grabbing the hand with the blade in it.
       "No. They're wrong. You're beautiful, Y/n. You're amazing. They're just jealous of you, Chloe made up a bunch of stupid lies that deceived them all. They were so angry that they didn't have what you have, so they take all their anger out on you."
      "No one cares about me." A lone tear slipped down Y/n's face. She put the blade down closer, and in a quick movement, I tossed the blade across the room and turned her head to look at me.
       "If I didn't care about you, then would I do this?" And I crashed my lips onto hers. I tried to make it seem like I had kissed somebody multiple times before, not like she was my first kiss. I tasted the chocolate from her lipstick and her tears that were slowing to a stop. I placed my hand on her cheek, not sure if she was kissing back. Then she put her arms around my neck and I deepened the kiss.
       We stayed like that until I eventually broke the kiss for a breath of air when we heard, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY BOYFRIEND?"