26.

I was jolted awake by the door swinging open. It was early evening, I propped up onto my elbows to see who had come into my room.

"Master Ani, be careful not to wake her please, she does need her rest after being in recovery for so long-" I heard C-3PO in the other room.

"It's okay, 3PO, I'm awake." I told him. He walked away, muttering how unhelpful he had been.

But I saw him. His beautiful blue eyes made my heart quicken its pace. His hair had gotten longer, he had a new mechanical hand, and a scar over his right eye. He wasn't dressed in his Jedi robes anymore, but in battle armor.

"Anakin.." I muttered. He said nothing, instead he walked purposefully over to me. He wasted no time in grabbing my face and smashing his lips against mine.

He kissed me so passionately. Keeping his hands delicate. In this kiss was everything he wanted to say to me: I missed you so much, I'm sorry I wasn't the first face you saw when you woke up. I missed you.

I relished in the feeling of his lips. I put a hand in the new length of his hair, it wasn't too much longer, but enough to be noticeable. It also looked a bit darker. I loved it. His hands delicately traced my elbows, to my back then pulling me up to sit up so I could be more level to him.

"I missed you." He said, breathless as he put his forehead to mine. Then he kissed my forehead and sat down at the chair by my bed, holding my hand. "I came back as soon as I heard you were awake."

"I missed you, too." I smiled. It was a weird feeling. So much had changed, yet nothing had at the same time. "You decided to grow out your hair?" I tugged on the little strands.

"I decided to follow your advice." He flipped it away from his face.

"It looks even better than I thought." I smiled. "Thank you for my braid, by the way."

"You like it?" He chuckled, picking it up from behind my ear. "You earned it."

"Thank you." I said. I have never been so happy. Everything was just how I wanted it to be.

Master Windu training me, Padmè was alive and well, and Anakin at my side.

"How've you been General Skywalker?" I asked, teasing him of his new title.

"Being a Knight is hard." He said simply.

"Is that how you got this?" I asked, touching the scar over his eye.

"Asajj Ventress." Anakin rolled his eyes, "Count Dooku's apprentice."

"Oh great. Two of them." I said, sarcasm dripping in my words, "She sounds like a pain."

"She is. She's quite a duelist. A hard one to beat, but I'm better, so don't worry." He smiled, taking my fingers away from his eyebrow back to his hand.

"I wouldn't expect it to be easy." I laughed. "How'd you manage to pull that off? Get knighted so soon?"

"With all the fighting in the war, and the shortage of Knights, they decided that I'd proved myself worthy without the trials." He explained, my eyes widened.

"No trials?!" I exclaimed.

"You heard me." He had a smug look on his face.

"Anakin! That's incredible. That's making Jedi history! I'm so proud of you." I gave him a hug.

"You wanna know the best part?" He said excitedly, sitting up closer to me.