Face Off

Trigger warning: Language, physical abuse, attempted rape

Katie's POV
"So I don't want you to freak out or anything, but we got you a present." Jordan takes me by my hands leading me through the house to the front door.

A week and a half and three sessions with Mitch later and here we are. I can't really say I feel all that different but I'm going to keep trying for them. I have to say though, being at home all the time is very boring. They constantly check up on me, which I don't mind because I find myself always thinking of them, but it still gets a little lonely. 

We still hadn't gone to the police yet about my dad.  Every time they bring it up I find myself asking for more time and I can't come up for an explanation for it.  They never try and push me into doing it either which I'm grateful for.  You'd think that after everything he's done to me that I would have no issue with putting him away for life but there is something nagging me at the back of my head and I just.. Don't know what it is yet. 

They were very apprehensive at first about letting me stay by myself, but I managed to convince them by working out a schedule so I'm never alone for more than four hours.  Douglas comes back to eat lunch with me because he has a long enough break between classes and then Jordan comes home for the day around 2:30. 

"Okay, stop right here." Jordan stops me right in front of the door as he puts his hands over my eyes. I giggle and try to pry his hands away.
"What's going on?" I laugh.
"Well if you would stop trying to remove my hands then we could speed up the process." He says with humor in his voice. "Alright, alright." I stop my attempts and let him lead me to wherever we are going. We only take a couple steps before he speaks again.

"Okay baby girl, are you ready?"

"Yes!" I squeal with excitement, anxious to see what they are hiding.  His hands come off my eyes and my jaw drops at what is in front of me.  There is a sleek black SUV with a big red bow on top of it. 
"Holy moly you guys did not buy this for me!"
I turn to look at them, sweet grins on both of their faces.  "I can't possibly except a car from you guys, it's way too much and probably expensive?"

"I told you she would react this way, I win." Jordan smiles at Douglas then looks at me.

"Katie you deserve this and so much more and you will take and use this car.  It's for your own safety, what if something were to happen and we weren't here?" Douglas explains. 

I sigh at words knowing them to be true, I have the worst luck.  I mean if they couldn't afford it then they wouldn't have gotten it right? Maybe I should just let myself be happy, be excited, be spoiled.

I look at them with those smug grins on their faces, they know I'm going to except the car.
"Alright!" I yell and throw myself into their arms. "Thank you so much!" I kiss both of their cheeks. I pull away quickly eager to drive my new car.
"Okay, let's go!" I snatch the keys I see dangling out of Douglas's hand and run to the drivers seat. "Not so fast!" Jordan picks me up by my waist before I can actually make it in the car. I laugh and try to squirm my way out of his grip. "Do you even have a License?"

"I actually do but I'm not sure where it is." I think hard for a minute and then it came to me.  "It's in the top drawer of my dresser at my old house."

My smile fades as I think about going back there.

"Don't worry baby, I'll go and get it for you." Jordan reads my mind.  I smile gratefully at him and pull him into a tight hug. 
"Thank you so much, both of you." I pull both of them to me thinking of ways to repay them. 
****