6 - Wannabe Bad Boy

God my throat hurts so bad. Am I the only one with allergies during the freaking winter?? They suck!!

Onto the important things though, how is everyone? If you're reading this that means you must kind of like this story huh??? 

The picture above is Thomas played by Sammy Wilkinson~

By Monday the euphoric high of a first date was gone and reality set back in. Danny could have and would have stayed in bed all day dreaming about Ray and that damned smile but, alas, she actually had responsibilities.

With something like a sigh and a groan combined, she rolled out of bed and stretched her muscles like a cat. Danny hated mornings. Yay, she's alive another day, but sleep was just too good to her. She missed it so much already. When Danny's body wasn't so stiff she headed to the bathroom and started her usual routine of shower, brush teeth, wash face, hair.

Sometimes in the mornings, she wondered why she didn't choose to live on campus in the dorms like Aubree did but, when it took her thirty minutes to shower and nearly an hour for everything else, she remembered she was incapable of sharing a bathroom with anyone else, let alone multiple people.

"Danny you're going to be late for class!" Her dad screamed from somewhere downstairs. Danny's father was retired now and worked for himself so it was rare that he was ever up this early.

"No, I'm not!" She yelled back. She quickly got dressed in a pair of jeans and a navy blue PINK hoodie before pulling on her favorite white converse. Her hair was refusing to cooperate with her this morning so she just stuck it in a ponytail and called it a day. Makeup was never a thing for her to begin with but, considering her attempt at casual actually turned out cute, she figured she could at least make her face decent and applied a layer of mascara and some chapstick.

Perfection at its best.

Not.

"Morning dad. What are you doing up?" Danny said as she jogged into the kitchen. Her mother was already gone for work but the coffee in the coffee maker was hot which meant she hadn't been gone long.

"Some guys wanted a private showing of this vase I have on display at work. They think it's their great-great-a-bunch-more-greats-grandmother's and, apparently, it's worth nearly half a million."

Danny took a sip of the coffee she made for herself and whistled lowly after practically choking on the hot liquid. Her dad was successful with his shop and her mother was successful with her work as well. They certainly weren't rich but her parents made enough to live comfortably. Money like that though...like half a million...well let's just say it's never been at Danny's disposal.

"How much are you gonna charge them if it's what they think it is?"

"Well I'd be stupid not to charge them something high considering how much they've already told me its worth, but if it's something that belongs to their family I'm not gonna be the ass who nickel and dimes them for it. So we'll see."

"Aww dad, look at you being all selfless and nice."

Her father rolled his eyes and Danny laughed, chugging the rest of her coffee. She kissed him goodbye then jogged out of the house and towards the bus stop. Normally Aubree would pick her up for school but, not only did she not have classes Monday morning, but she'd been gone all weekend staying with Brandon at his apartment. Apparently, his roommate was out of town which meant naughty naughty naughty. Not that him being there had ever actually stopped them before.

Speech was her first class this morning and she found her seat in the usual spot towards the back by the exit. Danny preferred the front row for most of her classes but speech was a lecturing class, not much writing or seeing the board was involved, just listening.