Chapter Two

This is the new chapter!! Let me repeat. This story will only have Hailey's POV. Because I have the intention to write another book soley based on Brayden's POV. However, nothing has been confirmed. As for now, let's just enjoy this - The Icy Beta.

This is my first time writing a Werewolf story. So readers, just bear with me a little. I have tried my best in writing this story. If there is any confusion, feel free to ask me!!

Now, here it is!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Icy Beta: Chapter Two

*Hailey's POV*

"And this is Brayden." The moment my eyes met his, nothing came out from my mouth. I licked my dry lips and swallow hard. My heart was beating wildly and my thoughts were running wild in my mind. Oh my. Oh my. Am I drooling? I hope I'm not.

"H...hi... I'm... Hailey." I stammered with my words and my voice came out like a squeaking mouse. Everyone at the table was looking weirdly at the both of us. I could feel eyes burning holes at the side of my head.

Brayden stared straight into my eyes and I could feel my legs were getting wobbly. His expression looked like he was debating over something in his mind. Judging the look on his face, he didn't look quite happy. He looked as if he was in pain. He looked away from me and without saying anything, he stood up from his seat and walked away. His shoulders brushed past me as he walked away. I held onto the table for support when it felt as though my legs were giving way.

My heart was throbbing in pain. Pain that I wasn't familiar about. Pain that I couldn't understand. I felt rejected. My mind twisted into a knot. I couldn't find any reasons to explain why was I behaving this way. We were strangers to each other. I just met him in the morning so why was I being so overly concerned about him. Everyone has a choice on who they wanted to interact with, who they wanted to make friends with. But why do I feel so hurt when he walked away?

Aiden's friends who were seating at the table were looking at me with a sympathy look. I smiled weakly at them. "I'm sorry, Hailey. Brayden didn't mean it. He just... does not know how to interact with people." Aiden said, looking worried.

"It's ok. I understand." I tried to put on a smile on my face.

"Hailey, let's get some food and eat." Chloe said as she held onto my arm.

"I... I don't feel like eating. I will just go and walk around the campus. See you later in class." I smiled at Chloe.

"Nice meeting you guys." I said to the others and left.

I walked on a path and looked around the school. I walked towards the garden that was on my right. The garden was filled with bushes and flower beds. There was also a big water fountain in the middle of the garden. I went to the fountain and sat at the side. Birds were chirping. The fountain water was gushing down. I could feel my mood turning better. After a few minutes, I stood on my feet and toured around the garden. There were different type of flowers planted in the soil. There were roses, orchids, lilies, floss flowers and many other more. I smiled warmly when I looked at those flowers.

The clouds in the sky started leaving and sun rays were peering through the clouds, shinning brightly on mother land. I looked around when my eyes landed on a big tree that was in front of me. I headed over and sat under the tree. Wind was blowing freely across the garden, allowing my long hair to sway with it. I leaned my back against the thick tree bark and closed my eyes. I could hear the leaves rustled as the wind blew.

"Eh?!" I opened my eyes when I felt something dropped on my head. I reached up to my head and realized it was just a tree leave. Then, I started hearing shuffling sounds coming from the top of the tree. I lifted up my head and saw someone jumping down from the tree.