Chapter 10

When almost everyone parted ways and decided to take comfort in their own beds, Cameron and Nate decided to do the same.

"I'll sleep on the couch", Nate said as soon as they opened the door to their room.

"Fine by me", Cameron sighed, heading to the bathroom.
She went and got dressed in a short silk négligé that barely covered her bottom and other feminine assets. She was about to leave the bathroom, when she paused, thinking that maybe being a bit more modest around Nate, would be best, to prevent tension. She pulled on a robe, then left–more confident in herself.

Nate was on the balcony talking on his phone in a pair of shorts and nothing else. His top was bare, and his back was turned to her, his broad, muscled back exposed. Cameron sighed, well so much for modesty!. She pulled down the covers on the bed and pulled off her robe, the cool night air, caressing her exposed skin. She sighed before she scooted under the covers, the warmth of the sheets bringing much comfort to her body. Within minutes she fell asleep.

After ending that long business call, Nate decided to get some rest. He closed the door to the balcony and paused. He didn't even realized Cameron was out of the bathroom, and now sleeping. He took a good look at her, noting the way her features softened with sleep. Her long blonde hair was flowing behind her like a river, tempting him to just have one touch. She slept on her side, the position causing her breasts to rise up, being that her arm was pressing against it. Nate felt a stirring in his groin as he glared upon the creamy mounds that looked so soft, smooth, and tempting. He knew thinking of Cameron in such manner was somewhat dangerous, but how could he not when she was around him most of the time; her gentle curves, golden blonde hair, and beautiful face all his– or so his family thought.

He wondered on many counts, how she would feel against him, her soft body pressing against his hard-on. How her firm round breasts might taste in his mouth. How soft and silky she might have felt if he was to drive himself in her most delicate area.

Nate hissed, thinking about it was only making the situation worse; so it would be best if he refrained from thinking of her in such manner. It was hard though, not to think of Cameron like that, after all, men had needs and any sane, straight man would think Cameron Crawford a desirable woman.

He sighed once more, then walked to the closet to get some covers. He slid down on the sofa which was too small for his body, his feet hanging over the armrest. If this was going to be an every night thing, he would return home as a paralyzed man, Nate thought.

****

Nathaniel woke up to the insistent pounding on the room door. He flew up and glanced at Cameron, realizing that she too was awake, and wide-eyed.

"Who is it?!", Nate called, glancing at his watch which showed 7:30 am.

"It's me darling! May I come in?", Marjorie chirped.

Nate panicked. It would not be a good thing for his mother to find him on the couch. After all, it was believed that he was engaged to Cameron, and this scene would blow their cover completely.

"Uh, wait a sec mom!", he exclaimed, grabbing the covers and moving quickly to Cameron's bed.

"Move over", he whispered.

Although Cameron's eyes were wide, she quickly responded, because she knew and understood the situation. She quickly moved, giving Nate access to the space beside her. He quickly moved under the covers and snuggled close to her. They both sat up on the bed, Nate's hand around Cameron's shoulders.

"It's safe now mom!", he called, hinting that they might have been doing something before Marjorie interrupted.

Marjorie opened the door, a tray filled with delicacies in her hand. She smiled when she saw them cuddled together.

"Ohhh. I'm sorry if I disturbed you", she winked. "Just thought I would bring the young couple breakfast in bed", she explained with a grin.

Nate smiled. "Thanks mom".

"Thanks Marjorie", Cameron said.

Marj nodded and smiled before she exited the room.

A long silence followed.

Nate thought he'd die. Cameron felt like a cotton pressed against him. She smelt like vanilla, the scent hitting his senses like a drug. Her blonde hair was disheveled, her face flushed. He groaned inwardly when he felt a tightening in his groin.

"Uhh, I'm going to the bathroom", Cameron exclaimed, breaking the silence.

Nate nodded, watching as she scurried from the bed, heading to the bathroom. Nate groaned. Kill me now!, he thought to himself as he watched her. The short and sexy nightwear, skimmed her thighs, exposing her long flawless legs. Her curves were soft and swung gently with the pace at which she moved.

He hissed. If he was going to make it through this, he would have to think less about Cameron Crawford.

***

Breakfast was served outside, everyone chatting and eating.
Cameron went downstairs, dressed in tight fitted leggings and a strapless blouse, with sandals, and this time her hair was done in a ponytail. She went outside, where everyone was seated, and smiled as all eyes focused on her.
She nearly jumped when Nate, unexpectedly came from behind and kissed her on the cheek.

"People are watching", he whispered, the smile never leaving his lips.

Cameron smiled faintly.

"Let's take a seat, shall we?", he suggested, placing his hand around her waist, leading her towards an empty table.
They sat, Cameron immediately taking a muffin from a small basket placed in the center of the table. She bit into it, closing her eyes as she relished in the taste.

"Want some coffee?", Nate asked.

Eyes still closed, she replied. "Mmhmm".

Nate smiled, as he poured her a cup.

"Well, if it isn't the prodigal son", a voice chimed.

Cameron opened her eyes and met up with a pair of striking blue ones. The woman had bleached blonde hair and carried a smile as bright as the sun.

"Emily. Hi", Nate said flatly.

Emily cleared her throat, obviously ashamed by the lack of attention. "So, aren't you going to introduce me", she smiled, looking from Nate to Cameron.

"Oh, my apologies. Emily this is Cameron, my lovely fiancée. Cameron darling, this is an old friend, Emily".

Clearly shocked, Emily remained speechless for a couple of seconds.

"Hi", Cameron grinned, wanting to laugh at the look on the woman's face.

"Er... Hi. Nate, I didn't know you were engaged", she exclaimed, staring at him.

"Yes, well now you know", he smiled.

"What did you say her name was?", Emily asked now, curious.

"Cameron Crawford", Nate provided.

A slow wicked smile crossed the woman's lips. She then spun on her heels and left.

Cameron swallowed. Something was up.

___________________________________

Thanks for reading!!!